You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Academic Business Manager - KIPP Texas
KIPP Texas Public Schools
Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, San, TX
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Texas Public Schools
JOB TITLE: Academics Business Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Academic Officer
DUTY SCHEDULE: 12 Months
The Academic Business Manager manages the non-instructional operations of the department. This includes, but is not limited to, financial management, procurement, facility functionality, personnel management, payroll activities, managing the relationship and financial oversight of the entire academics team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Academics Business Manager will:
- Actively participate as a member of the Academic Office Team.
- Collaborate and meet weekly with the academic office team to plan events, prepare for meetings, and any other activities related to keeping the office running efficiently.
- Handle and manage all external contracts and partnerships with the academic team
QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Knowledge:
- Along with the KTX Chief Academic Officer and Executive Assistant, annually develop and manage the academic budget.
- Administer and audit the budget and payroll process
- Manage the academic budget by tracking and all deposits and expenditures
- Research and implement financial best practices.
- Ensure that financial information and data is timely, comprehensive, and accurate
- Complete local reports and informs the academic leader of any discrepancies and flags
- Analyze financial and budget reports
- Manage the financials of any new major projects and academic initiatives.
- Advise, recommend, and implement solutions to various business related requests, questions and concerns.
- Manage the academic bills.
- Ensure bills are submitted to Accounts Payable and are paid in a timely manner
- Manage the accounts receivables from all financial sources within the academic community.
- Negotiate and maintain all yearly academic contracts and leases
- Create profit/loss and balance sheet monthly.
- Ensure that the academic department remains technologically progressive
- Research the best hardware for instructional needs
- Negotiate and procure all technological devices and software at the academic.
- Serve as the academic liaison to the KHPS IT team
- Manage monthly billing statements for credit card holders.
- Audit, code, and reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Keep academic leadership team abreast of the departments who are off-track financially.
- Track the spending of each team’s financial expenditures.
- Serve as the academic liaison with RST, for various administrative and technical items, such as payroll concerns, health insurance, cell phones, computers, and any other employee needs.
- Research and implement district and academic-based policies and procedures to make decisions.
- Order and ensure new employees have phones and laptops.
- As needed, assist the academic team on a variety of events, planning, and administrative tasks.
- Coordinate all travel including but not limited to hotel, flights, cars, etc.
- Ensure that all receipts and travel expenditures are within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional work experience
- Knowledge of finance and budgeting principals
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to work
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Ability to clearly articulate and sell a vision, outline and detail a project plan, and execute it
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community
- Ability to work independently and to use creative thinking in problem solving with little or no instruction
- Extreme flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple, changing priorities
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success in working in an environment characterized by changing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required for complex analysis
- Experience using Clarity Accounting software, a plus