You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Senior Director of Virtual, Blended and Innovative Learning and Operations
KIPP Texas Public Schools
Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, San, TX
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Texas Public Schools
JOB TITLE: Senior Director of Virtual, Blended and Innovative Learning and Operations
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in partnering with families and communities, to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose — college, career, and beyond — so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impacting more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2020-2021 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 31,100 students in 59 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
The mission and vision of KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural North Star:
As a Team & Family, we:
Persist with Purpose
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/.
Virtual learning has become an essential part of our instructional program. Blended learning is an instructional model which combines face-to-face, teacher-led instruction with online learning to personalize learning for each individual student. We are seeking a Senior Director to oversee the development and execution of a strategy to help scale, sustain and ensure success of these models.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we have instructional models that include blended learning components as part of virtual, hybrid, and/or in-person models of instruction. This person will assist in the development, deployment and ongoing improvements of these models.
- Program Management: Develop and oversee statewide support structures that allow the blended learning team to effectively support the scale and quality of our innovative instructional models.
- Performance Management: Develop and manage a progress management system to ensure schools and regions are continuously improving effectiveness and driving towards student outcomes. This includes designing systems to collect, analyze, visualize and communicate data to monitor district performance and continuously improving our virtual learning systems and design.
- Capacity Building: Manage the promotion, adoption, and successful implementation of training courses and modules set to identify and develop experts in blended learning design and implementation support while overseeing a collective impact strategy to foster a community of blended learning knowledge across KTX.
- Drive Network Adoption: Design, implement, and oversee the blended learning growth strategy to scale virtual learning with multiple program adoption pathways
- Ensure Long-Term Program Sustainability: Oversee the design, development and implementation of multiple sustainability strategies for our innovative instructional models including financial sustainability, master scheduling, and technology audit support.
Skills and Qualifications
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least four (4) years of experience in project management or operations with a passion for public education
At least three years’ experience with virtual or blended learning programs
- Relentless focus on improving quantitative and qualitative student outcomes
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a growth mindset and demonstrated ability to accept and implement both solicited and unsolicited feedback quickly
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information to various audiences.
- Consistent ability to produce quality, accurate and appropriately detailed work products for a diverse set of audiences
- Communicates a complex message in a simplified way verbally, in writing, and by using slide decks
- Ability to facilitate continuous improvement of program components through a user-focused approach to evaluation
- Strong leadership, management, interpersonal relations, public speaking and writing skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and drive team towards results
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Preferred: Experience with data visualization including a deep knowledge of aggregation and visualization tools (e.g. Excel Google Sheets, Access, Tableau, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.