You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
[Immediate 2020-21] Part-Time Instructional Assistant, KIPP NYC Learning Center
[Immediate 2020-2021] Part-Time Instructional Assistant- KIPP NYC Learning CenterAbout KIPP NYC
New York, NY
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP NYC
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College and Career, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. In August 2019, we opened a new elementary and middle school in the Bronx, and in the future, we will be opening KIPP’s first intentionally racially and socioeconomically integrated school, KIPP Beyond Middle School!
Position Overview:The Part-Time Instructional Assistant in the KIPP NYC Learning Center will have the primary responsibility of proctoring remote learning on site. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for continued remote learning, KIPP NYC is offering in-person seats to students who would most benefit from having an onsite learning environment. The Part-Time Instructional Assistant will ensure that students have access to their online learning platforms and will support basic social-emotional needs of their assigned students. The Part-Time Instructional Assistant will also support various administrative and school duties during the work day as needed. General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting instruction, behavior management, classroom organization, and family engagement efforts.
- Support students in accessing all of their technology platforms, ensuring that students are following their remote learning schedule accurately, and supporting students in completing their asynchronous work.
- Support with building duties such as arrival and dismissal, building transitions, breakfast and lunch distribution, and monitoring outside recess.
- Collaborate with lead teachers who are supporting students remotely in order to best support student needs.
- Support students’ basic social-emotional and behavioral needs in the classroom.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
- High School Diploma required. Associates Degree or higher from an accredited institution, preferred.
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
- A strong desire to want to support students compassionately.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrated passion for and a commitment to the KIPPNYC mission for high quality public education and the character traits we value: Zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor.