You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
School Custodial Associate - Newark
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
Here’s what you need to know:
The part-time custodian will be responsible for providing custodial and maintenance support to a KIPP New Jersey campus working directly with the lead full-time custodian.
Nice to Haves:
- Highly capable and comfortable using powers tools and facility related equipment
- Unwavering determination to do whatever necessary to help TEAM students and staff achieve their goals
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, works collaboratively, and maintains focus in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective communication skills via phone, email, and in person
- Must have valid New Jersey driver's license
- Must be able to lift, bend, and pull more than 50 pounds
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and information systems used by the organization—cell phone, computer, email and job tracking system
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- General carpentry and handyman skills
- Previous custodial experience in a school or professional setting is a plus
- Experience using a work order system
- Knowledge of building systems including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing
- Daily cleaning of all school-used spaces and property in accordance to KIPP NJ standards
- Respond to student accidents, spills, and urgent needs
- Manage lunchroom set up and clean-up for lunch periods and events as required
- Maintain and update work order ticketing system daily
- Manage special projects related to building maintenance and upkeep
- Ability to proactively implement preventative maintenance plans and report any issues to DSO
About KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami
KIPP New Jersey/Miami schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Today, we have grown to 16 (K-12) schools throughout Newark and Camden, NJ and Miami, FL. Learn more about KIPP here.
KIPP New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer.