You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Physical Education Teacher - Camden
KIPP New Jersey - Camden
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2020-21 School Year
Subject: Physical Education
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Camden
Contact: ES Recruiter
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for teachers for the 2020-21 school year! Our high school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, working with families and the community they serve.
Physical Education Teacher
- A belief in every student’s limitless potential
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts showing degree conferred are required prior to the starting date of employment
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 if graduation date is after 2016 or minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 if degree conferred before 2016
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed and issued or in process of being completed.
- Subject matter expertise
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds
- A track record of success in the classroom
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher comes with the opportunity for significant growth and development , but with great power comes great responsibility. Your role as a teacher will include a number of responsibilities which will include but are not limited to:
- Create, internalize, modify and prepare lesson plans in accordance with academic curriculum, working closely with the grade level team
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic skills
- Work closely with students, families and colleagues to create an environment that is supportive of student progress
- Reinforce a firm foundation for all classes and uphold classroom management techniques
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies to ensure all students meet the learning objectives
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your lesson plans
- Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings
- Participate in school events, activities and programs both during and outside of regular class instruction hours.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the Philadelphia area.
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Today, we have grown to 16 (K-12) schools throughout Newark and Camden, NJ. Learn more about KIPP here.
KIPP New Jersey/KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.