You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Assistant Principal - Newark
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2020-21 School Year
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: R9 Recruiter
We’re growing! We are looking for experienced assistant principals for all grade spans at existing and founding schools.
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for experienced assistant principals for the 2020-21 school year! Our schools are seeking awe-inspiring leaders to coach and grow our teachers who support our students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our ideal assistant principals were great teachers with strong results of their own, are instructional gurus who can teach their moves to others, and have some experience leading, managing, and coaching adults in their schools. They love students and families, teachers, and the community they serve.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Student Focus: Belief that all students, regardless of background, have the ability to go to and through college; demonstrated commitment to the school’s unique community
- Achievement Orientation: Demonstrated student achievement results in own classroom and from teachers that he/she manages
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated ability to create inclusive environments that honor and support a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
- Instructional Leadership: Adept at data analysis and strong content knowledge
- High Expectations: Sets and upholds high expectations for students academically and behaviorally
- Results through Others: Evidence of ability to teach others skills in classroom management and effective lesson execution
- Relationship Building: Evidence of ability to build strong relationships with students, staff and families
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience coaching and managing others and/or leading a team to results
- People Leadership & Performance Management:
- Work with members of teacher cohort to set individual goals based on school wide goals and student achievement data;
- Manage the performance of teachers to get outcomes for kids through O3s, observation/feedback, and professional development;
- Conduct weekly O3s with each member of teacher cohort focused on instructional strategies, content, feedback based on observations and holding them accountable to goals; Conduct regular classroom observations of members of teacher cohort
- Team Leadership: Build strong teams characterized by trust, investment in goals, and ownership
- Talent Development: Identify high potential talent and develop accordingly, manage performance with the support of the school leader, manage the growth and capacity building of next-ready leaders (GLCs, Department Chairs, and high-potential teachers)
- Leadership Development: Develop GLCs and next-ready teacher leaders intentionally in order to ensure strong pipelines.
- Instructional Leadership: Conduct weekly walk-throughs in his/her grade levels specifically focused on urgent academic monitoring, use of real-time data and strategic re-teach in classrooms,
- Uphold school leader’s vision for school culture and hold teachers and students accountable to expectations, in classrooms and in all shared spaces.
- Lead instructional delivery through the facilitation of teacher content meetings; driven from data collected through the observation of teacher practice.
- Collaborate as a member of the school leadership team and regional leadership team to ensure all students meet school goals: Conduct weekly conversations with the school leadership team focused on student achievement data for focus grade levels and ensure that there are clear next steps and strategies to drive student outcomes; attend monthly regional AP PD; provide input to school leader on vision and goals.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City area.
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Today, we have grown to 16 (K-12) schools throughout Newark and Camden, NJ. Learn more about KIPP here.
KIPP New Jersey/KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.