You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
[Immediate 2020-2021] Learning Specialist Teacher- Middle
New York, NY
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Subject: Special Education
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP NYC
[Immediate 2020-2021] Learning Specialist- Middle School
About KIPP NYC:KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College and Career, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. In August 2019, we opened a new elementary and middle school in the Bronx, and in the future, we will be opening KIPP’s first intentionally racially and socioeconomically integrated school, KIPP Beyond Middle School!
About our KIPP NYC Middle Schools
Duties and Responsibilities:KIPP NYC Special Education Teachers work closely both as a team and with General Education Teachers in order to plan targeted, high-leverage intervention for their students. Our Special Education Teachers seek first to diagnose student challenges and then to design individual programs and differentiated strategies in order to meet specific needs. The team serves students with IEPs and diagnosed disabilities, as well as with students who are identified as at-risk. General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
This position is not a remote or work-from-home position. An essential function of this position is that performance of work be in-person at KIPP NYC’s school building. (Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and local orders pertaining to same, the in-person requirement of this role may be affected for a brief period. However, any short-term modification to the in-person essential function is intended as temporary and as a result of the pandemic. In-person performance of the job remains an essential function of the position and that essential function will be required as business and public health circumstances allow). Qualifications:
- Teaching a rigorous college preparatory curriculum that combines the school’s standards and the New York
- State standards
- Teaching students in a high-quality, exciting way
- Using data to drive decisions
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
- Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues
- Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- At least two years of full time lead teaching experience strongly preferred
- Valid New York State teacher certification in Special Education
To apply, please use the following link: http://bit.ly/MSSPED2020
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.