You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
[Immediate 2020-2021] Lead Teacher- Elementary
New York, NY
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Subject: Early Childhood; General Elementary
Grade: K; 1; 2; 3; 4
Organization: KIPP NYC
[Immediate 2020-2021] Lead Teacher – Elementary
About KIPP NYC:
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College and Career, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. In August 2019, we opened a new elementary and middle school in the Bronx, and in the future, we will be opening KIPP’s first intentionally racially and socioeconomically integrated school, KIPP Beyond Middle School!
All of the KIPP NYC elementary schools are adding a grade each year until they are fully grown schools with grades K-4.
Responsibilities:KIPP NYC is looking for teachers who combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. General responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- KIPP Academy Elementary School, South Bronx, founded in 2009: http://bit.ly/AcademyES
- KIPP Infinity Elementary School, West Harlem, founded in 2010: http://bit.ly/InfElementary
- KIPP Washington Heights Elementary School, Washington Heights, founded in 2011: http://bit.ly/WashHeightsES
- KIPP AMP Elementary School, Crown Heights, BK, founded in 2013: http://bit.ly/AMPElementary
- KIPP STAR Harlem College Prep Elementary School, Harlem, founded in 2014: http://bit.ly/StarHarlemES
- KIPP Freedom Elementary School, the Bronx, founded in 2018, serving grades K and 1: http://bit.ly/FreedomES
- KIPP Elements Primary School, the Bronx, founded in August 2019, serving grade K: http://bit.ly/ElementsPS
This position is not a remote or work-from-home position. An essential function of this position is that performance of work be in-person at KIPP NYC’s school building. (Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and local orders pertaining to same, the in-person requirement of this role may be affected for a brief period. However, any short-term modification to the in-person essential function is intended as temporary and as a result of the pandemic. In-person performance of the job remains an essential function of the position and that essential function will be required as business and public health circumstances allow). Qualifications:
- Planning and implementing a rigorous college preparatory curriculum aligned with Common Core standards.
- Bringing joy and hope to the classroom.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration.
- Constantly assessing student progress, communicating results to families and colleagues, and adjusting instruction accordingly.
- Modeling a “whatever it takes” spirit to ensure that each student is successful.
- Modeling KIPP NYC’s character strengths in all interactions and communications with students, families, and staff.
- Minimum of two years of full time teaching experience. Charter school and urban setting strongly preferred.
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor.
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
- A strong desire to become a better teacher.
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution.
- New York State teacher certification in the appropriate content area.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
To apply, please use the following link: http://bit.ly/2020ESLead
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.