You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
[Immediate 2020-2021] Lead Teacher- Middle
New York, NY
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Subject: Multiple Subjects
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP NYC
[Immediate 2020-2021] Lead Teacher - Middle School
About KIPP NYC
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College and Career, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. In August 2019, we opened a new elementary and middle school in the Bronx, and in the future, we will be opening KIPP’s first intentionally racially and socioeconomically integrated school, KIPP Beyond Middle School!
About our KIPP NYC Middle Schools
Position OverviewKIPP NYC is currently looking for teachers in all subjects - who combine the ability to motivate and educate, who develop academic as well as character skills, and who make college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is not a remote or work-from-home position. An essential function of this position is that performance of work be in-person at KIPP NYC’s school building. (Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and state and local orders pertaining to same, the in-person requirement of this role may be affected for a brief period. However, any short-term modification to the in-person essential function is intended as temporary and as a result of the pandemic. In-person performance of the job remains an essential function of the position and that essential function will be required as business and public health circumstances allow). Qualifications:
- Teaching a rigorous college preparatory curriculum which combines the school’s standards and the New York State standards
- Teaching students in a high-quality, exciting way
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers
- Using data to drive decisions
- Constantly assessing student progress, and communicating results to families and colleagues
- Providing individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance
- Modeling the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff
- Zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP NYC team and family
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- At least two years of teaching experience strongly preferred
- New York State teacher certification in the appropriate content area
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
To apply, please use the following link: http://bit.ly/2020MSLead
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.