You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Elementary School Lead Arts Teacher (Music, Dance, Art) - Miami
Elementary School Arts Teacher (Music, Dance, Art)
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Grade: K; 1; 2; 3; 4
Organization: KIPP Miami
Contact: Miami Recruiter
KIPP Miami is looking for a strong candidate with a track record of developing future leaders. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of strong leadership in generating student achievement. You are committed to doing whatever it takes to help our students succeed.
Here’s what you need to know:
Do you have experience in Art, Music or Dance? We’re currently looking for arts teachers! Our elementary school is seeking great teachers to help our students climb the mountain to college. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, families and the community they serve. They are also willing to do whatever it takes to make sure their students learn and achieve.
Why join KIPP Miami?
Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join, visit our website here.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our elementary school as an arts teacher comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Here are a few for this position:
- Perform daily teaching tasks like teaching, grading, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes.
- Modify and build your curriculum to make it your best, working closely with the AP of instruction and your department
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your plans
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in urban or low-income settings
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Subject matter expertise
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a fast-paced school environment where things change all the time
Need more reasons to work here?
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP Miami offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the Palm Beach Area. About KIPP Miami
KIPP is a non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating 80,000 elementary, middle, and high school students in 200 schools across the country. KIPP Miami is a new region and its first schools will set the pace for excellence and lay the foundation for school-based structures across the region. Over the long term, KIPP Miami plans to serve students from grades K-12 in multiple schools across the city.
KIPP Miami Public Schools seek to create and sustain a high achieving and inspiring community schools that battles inequity by empowering students to develop the skills, character strengths, and habits to thrive in college and beyond, shape their futures, and positively impact the world.
KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.