You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Senior Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth Public Schools
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth Public Schools
JOB TITLE: Senior Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in the movement to provide all children with access to an exemplary education and the academic and character skills necessary to thrive in and graduate from college, positively impact their communities, and lead choice-filled lives.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impact more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2019-2020 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 29,000 students in 55 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural “North Star”:
As a Team & Family, we:
Persist with Purpose
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 224 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/.
Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Talent, the Senior Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is responsible for executing and expanding KIPP Texas’ DEI strategic planning; providing direct training to teams throughout the organization as well as serve as a consultant to teams to build internal training capacity; and progress monitoring DEI indicators to ensure we are growing as an organization. This is a high profile position requiring strong collaboration and communication skills, the ability to influence and develop productive partnerships, and to develop creative, innovative solutions. The Senior Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce, and participates in KIPP Texas’ efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
In this role, you would serve as a guiding resource and partner to leaders on diversity, equity and inclusion practices and programs, bringing your trusted expertise and innovative solutions, and pitching ideas and strategies that likely have never been considered before at any organization, much less our industry. You will work with employees and leaders at every level of our organization because you are highly collaborative, truly value the contributions of your partners, and know that building diverse teams and an inclusive workplace requires the commitment of every employee.
You know you were successful if:
You executed and enhanced the KIPP Texas diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan.
You developed and executed a consulting and training approach that ensures all Team & Family members across the organization have the knowledge and skills to grow as Champions of Equity.
You created and executed a strategy to progress monitor DEI indicators to ensure we are moving closer to being an anti-racist organization.
- Lead the execution of and improve upon KIPP Texas’ Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion strategy and associated plans.
- Develop communication strategies to support DEI awareness and engagement among staff at all levels.
- Recommend policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of meeting the goals and objectives of the strategic plan.
- Stay abreast of advances in the area of diversity through networking, research and benchmarking.
Training and Consulting
- Design, coordinate, and deliver DEI learning opportunities, including workshops, training modules, on-boarding content, toolkits, etc. Ensure all staff have opportunities for professional development on DEI topics.
- Provide expertise and knowledge of DEI best practices effectively tailored to KIPP Texas’ needs to team in order to build their internal capacity to execute DEI professional development.
- Collaborate and serve as a subject matter expert for other departments to ensure all our services, systems and processes are culturally competent, inclusive, and reduce barriers to equity.
- Ensure integrated outcomes and broad ownership of equity and inclusion goals through cross-functional partnerships.
- Develop, collect, and disseminate resources and activities to support the development of inclusive mindsets, behaviors, and practices across the organization. Support development of people managers and DEI ambassadors, including their ability to effectively engage and educate others.
- Provide coaching and consultation to individuals, managers and groups regarding cross-cultural interactions and conflicts.
- Serve as a positive change agent and disruptor of processes, practices and policies that no longer serve the mission and intentions of a growing organization committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop processes and systems to evaluate progress and measure the impact of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Research and benchmark world-class industry practices for approaches to advance diversity and inclusion within KIPP Texas, using data driven practices that have proven results.
- Partner with the Analytics team to review and analyze data sources including but not limited to the Two Step to One Song Staff Engagement Survey, TNTP survey, DEI dashboards and the KIPP Texas DEI index
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in diversity, equity and inclusion related roles and responsibilities.
- Experience creating and facilitating diversity, equity and inclusion workshops, professional development sessions and discussions.
- Experience in strategic planning development, execution and progress monitoring.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and/or projects involving cross-functional/team alignment.
- Experience working in a school district, non-profit or government agency is a plus.
- School-based experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.