You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Middle School Teacher (Departmentalized)
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey - Camden
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP Lanning Square Middle School
Contact: Camden Recruiter
We are looking for middle school teachers in the follow subject areas:
We need you to put our students on a path to college early on in their education.
- English Language Arts (ELA)
- Special Education
- Social Studies/History
Working at KIPP New Jersey is about being student-focused. It's about teamwork. It's about having fun, and having the freedom to lead in ways that are most successful for your students. It’s also about making an impact in Camden, a city that is experiencing a renaissance and on the verge of revolutionizing how America views education in urban communities.
As a Middle School Lead Teacher, you will join our growing Team and Family at KIPP Lanning Square Middle for the 2018-19 school year. You will be responsible for departmentalized planning and executing lessons for our middle school scholars.
A bit more about you… you have experience teaching and you know what good instruction looks like for middle school. You’re ready to work hard and have the passion and drive to work with students in order to put them on a path to college.Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Must Haves (ie: what you need to rock at this role):
- Perform daily teaching tasks like teaching, grading, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job
- Be a good teammate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes
- Modify and build your curriculum to make it your best, working closely with the dean of instruction and your department
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Teach guided reading to small groups of kids to remediate and challenge each student
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide you plans
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
Need more reasons to work here?
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in urban or low income settings
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Subject matter expertise
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a fast-paced school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the Philadelphia area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.