You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
KIPP Delta is seeking to hire school bus monitors that will assist school bus drivers in maintaining a safe and orderly environment while buses are in operation. Monitors are responsible for a variety of tasks, which are explained below. Bus monitors work approximately one to two hours in the morning and in the afternoon. Morning routes may begin as early as 6:00 A.M. and afternoon routes begin at approximately 4:00 P.M. Bus monitors may be asked to support athletic trips, field lessons, and other school activities that necessitate bus travel. Bus monitors follow the school calendar. This is a part-time, hourly position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Learn bus routes and assist drivers with identifying stop locations
- Learn bus behavior expectations, monitor student behavior, and assist or redirects students as needed
- Document when students fail to meet expectations.
- Develop student seating charts and ensure students sit in assigned seats
- Ensure students get on and off their assigned bus routes in an orderly and safely manner
- Ensure a responsible adult is at each bus stop to meet students existing the bus and make calls as needed when a parent isn’t at the stop
- Assist drivers with maintaining a clean bu
- Communicate with students, school personnel, and parents concerning student concerns, behavior, changes to bus schedules, delays, etc.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with colleagues, supervisors, parents, and school personnel, always promoting goodwill
- Maintain good work habits through timeliness and low absenteeism for daily assignment and extra trips
- Maintain current knowledge of bus emergency evacuation procedures
- Attend in-service meetings and training courses as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to maintain emotional control in stressful situations
- Experience working with and establishing trusting relationships with students in grades K through 12th
- Ability to remember names and faces
- Ability to read road maps, road signs, and bus schedules
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate clearly, calmly, and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to administer first aid, CPR, and assist with or lead an emergency evacuation.
- Ability to cope with ever-changing traffic environment, lifting (able to lift 24-40 lbs.), pushing, pulling (including jerking), walking, carrying, crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending, climbing bus steps repeatedly within a duty cycle.
- Conditions include working in inclement weather, heat, rain, cold, humidity, other outdoor weather elements, and exposure to possible injury due to traffic accidents.
- Character strengths of: zest, grit, self-control, optimism, social intelligence, gratitude, and curiosity.
A candidate will ideally possess:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- First Aid Certification
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Helena-West Helena, Arkansas
KIPP Delta is committed to hiring a diverse team and encourages candidates from all backgrounds and sexual orientation. KIPP Delta is an equal opportunity employer.