You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
KIPP Massachusetts Public Charter Schools
Boston Area, MA
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2018-19 School Year
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP Massachusetts Public Charter Schools
Preferred Locations:Lynn, MA
The mission of KIPP Academy Boston Public Charter School and KIPP Academy Lynn Public Charter School, collectively “KIPP Massachusetts,” is to create a school environment where students develop the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to maximize their potential in high school, college and the world beyond.
What We Do
We seek to provide educationally underserved students with the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to maximize their potential in college and the world beyond. We educate the students and families in Lynn and Boston’s most economically disadvantaged neighborhoods, wherever the achievement gap persists, serving student demographics that mirror those of neighborhood schools in terms of race, socioeconomic status, English Language Learners, and Special Education students.
Our promise to students and families is that their children will enter college able to thrive academically due to their literacy, numeracy, and core knowledge in science and social studies. We also promise that our students will develop the zest for learning and grit necessary to persevere as they climb the mountain to and through college. These students will be able to return to their community as teachers, leaders, and architects of continued growth in Lynn and Boston.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity Vision
At KIPP Massachusetts, we believe that Knowledge is Power. Every day, our team and family have the opportunity to either perpetuate systems of oppression or disrupt them. We are compelled by the ideals of diversity, equity, and inclusivity. Therefore, we continuously commit to operate as an anti-racist organization. Read more at Diversity Equity Inclusivity Vision.
Who We Are
KIPP Massachusetts began enrolling students in 2004. We currently hold two charters, operating two “districts.” Our first district, KIPP Academy Lynn Charter School, has its home in Lynn, MA. Our second district, KIPP Academy Boston Charter School, has its home in Mattapan. Each district is housed on one or more “campuses,” which we use to refer to different grade spans, for example, elementary grades, middle school grades, or high school grades.
In Lynn, KIPP Academy Lynn Elementary (serving grades K-2), KIPP Academy Lynn (serving grades 5-8), and KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate (serving grades 9-12), are all under our Lynn charter. Admission to any grade in the Lynn district is admission to all remaining grades in the Lynn district K-12 (when grade is available). Sixty-six percent (66%) of our students in Lynn are Hispanic, 23% are African American and 11% are other race/ethnicities.
In Boston, KIPP Academy Boston Elementary (serving grades K-3), and KIPP Academy Boston (serving grades 5-8), are both under our Boston charter. Admission to any grade in the Boston district is admission to all remaining grades in the Boston district, K-8 (when grade is available). Sixty-eight percent (68%) of our students in Boston are African American, 30% are Hispanic and 2% are other race/ethnicities.
Across both districts together, in school year 2018-19 we will serve over 2,000 students.
KIPP Massachusetts partners with the KIPP Foundation, or KIPP National, which is a non-profit national network of college-preparatory, public charter schools serving elementary, middle and high school students. KIPP National has a 20-year track record of preparing our students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and life.
There are 224 KIPP schools in 20 states plus the District of Columbia serving nearly 100,000 students on their path to and through college. We believe that excellent academic, safe and structured schools, empowered teachers, an emphasis on character development and support through college are the foundation for student success, and we strive to provide this for every student.
All KIPP schools, whether they are in Massachusetts or in other states, are part of the free public school system in their respective states and enrollment is open to all students. KIPP public charter schools are given more academic and budgetary flexibility than traditional public schools, and in exchange commit to deliver high-quality academic results for students.
Office ManagerThe Office Manager ensures that the school office effectively serves and supports students, parents, and school staff. The office manager will report to the Director of School Operations. Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Ensures the accuracy of students’ daily attendance, as well as medical, tardy, and early leave logs;
- Prepares monthly attendance reports ; weekly attendance verifications, and supports with bi-annual attendance submissions;.
- Trains and works with teachers to ensure attendance is completed timely and accurately each day.
- Supports the goal of achieving a high ADA by communicating expectations of attendance to families, managing letters and communication to repeat truancy offenders, and supporting on attendance related incentives and activities.
- Student Information & Data
- Manages and maintains KIPP MA’s student information system;
- Maintains student records in accordance with federal and school-based policies, as well as audit guidelines;
- Monitors records verification of incoming students, prepares transcripts for current students, and prepares withdrawal forms for transferring students;
- Ensures confidentiality and security of office space, files, and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community;
- Supports annual new student recruitment, lottery, and enrollment processes;
- Student and Family Relations
- Welcomes and attends to prospective and current families;
- Upholds and maintains a positive, nurturing, achievement-oriented school culture;
- Builds relationships with families to keep them well-informed and support their needs.;
- Seeks and implements feedback from stakeholders (parents, peers, manager, etc.) and offers feedback in an honest, respectful and timely way;
- Office Operations
- Organizes, secures, and maintains a pristine office space and environment;
- Directs phone calls and guests warmly and professionally;
- Types, translates, and distributes school correspondence including but not limited to: letters, memos, and weekly bulletins;
- Assists with coordinating travel arrangements, field trips, and other student and school-wide events;
- Assists in ordering, purchasing, receiving, and organizing materials;
- Supports all school-based communication systems;
- Distributes all incoming mail;
Responsibilities and Qualifications:At KIPP, we believe that an excellent staff member does the following:
- Supports the School Operations Manager in meeting school-wide operations goals;
- Works relentlessly to meet development and functional goals;
- Exemplifies school values, operates under school-wide expectations and upholds the Commitment to Excellence; and
- Other duties as assigned by the School Leader or School Operations Manager
Qualified candidates have the following:
- Believes that all of us can and will learn and creates a positive learning environment with high expectations for all students and staff throughout the school;
- Thrives as part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture;
- Exudes joy and a love of learning every single day;
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback, coaching, and professional development;
- Constantly assesses progress, communicates results clearly, and uses data to inform decisions and set ambitious goals.
- Has a strong work ethic and commits to doing whatever it takes for students to excel, including committing to an extended work day and remaining available to colleagues, students, and families outside of school hours
To apply:Internal candidates: If you are currently a member of the KIPP MA team, please apply by emailing your resume to the Recruitment Team at Talent@kippma.org. Be sure to indicate to which position you wish to apply. External candidates: If you do not currently work for the KIPP:MA team, please visit our job board at http://kippcareers.force.com/jobboard?site=Massachusetts and complete an online application. CompensationCompensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.KIPP MA is an employment at-will organization. KIPP Massachusetts, KIPP Academy Lynn, and KIPP Academy Boston are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identity, religion, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, special need, proficiency in the English language, or a foreign language. We are committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
- A belief in the mission and values of KIPP
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students (preferred)
- At least two years of teaching experience (strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required