You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Family Engagement Coordinator-Newark
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
The Family Engagement Coordinator works in partnership with the Newark regional team to ensure that we live up to our belief of honoring families as valued partners in their students’ education. In this role, the Family Engagement Coordinator supports schools in building effective supports and relationships with families, coordinates resources and partnerships that positively impact students and schools across the region. Responsibilities
Must Haves (i.e., key skills to succeed in this role)
- Drive KIPP Newark’s identity and engagement goals with families: Work with the Newark regional leadership team annually to develop and achieve family engagement goals through large-scale, purposeful family and community events, resource development, and targeted support at schools struggling to develop positive family relationships.
- Develop family engagement partners at each school site: Coordinate professional development and communication for family coordinators at each campus; build relationships among the cohort through intentional team building time.
- Facilitate Parent Partnership Teams: Oversee the KIPP Newark Parent Partnership Teams, serve as the trustee for the unified bank account; partner with school leaders to drive initiatives; ensure a clear process and structure for elections.
- Build and maintain a personalized, identity-driven enrollment and onboarding process for students and families: Collaborate with our enrollment team, school ops teams, and school leaders to ensure that our home visit, registration process, and family orientation events align with our Heartbeat, mission, and beliefs about students, families, and communities.
- Develop communication and resources for KIPP Newark families: Communicate community resources and student/family centered positive news monthly to KIPP Newark families, create easily accessible resources for families and set up related resource banks at each school, and respond to trend-level concerns with supports and resources. Support the regional leadership team with particular families who feel more disengaged from the network.
- Bridge the gap between our academic program and family involvement: Develop and support roll out of family resources that help our kids meet our academic and college-going goals.
- Develop community partnerships that meet the needs of our schools and families: Attend community events on behalf of KIPP Newark; work with schools to develop intentional relationships with local community organizations; oversee the adoption of after-school and summer programs as well as other enrichment programs.
Need more reasons to work here?
- Mission Commitment: Believes in our mission of college for all; knows, models, and lives our Heartbeat.
- Achievement Orientation and Backbone: Possesses a track record of setting and reaching ambitious goals, employing creative strategies to meet targets.
- Cultural Competence: Builds strong and trusting relationships with stakeholders, demonstrates responsiveness to local communities and cultures, and understands how race and equity impact our work.
- Communication and Stakeholder Management: Communicates clearly and effectively with diverse stakeholders; builds strong relationships to motivate people to accomplish the work!
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting across state lines. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that.About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.