You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Financial and HR System Administrator
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for a Financial and HR System Administrator to support our quickly growing network of public schools in Newark and Camden, New Jersey and Miami, Florida. We need you to masterfully maintain and continuously improve our financial and HR systems - to play a critical role in keeping those systems running seamlessly and implementing enhancements to help us scale.
You will be a member of our Technology team, and will be deeply engaged within our Finance, Accounting, and Human Resources functions. You’ll also partner with key stakeholders across the organization, including from within our Data and Operations teams.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Ensure business requirements are properly configured in all financial and HR systems.
- Ensure that our financial and HR systems reflect our internal controls and compliance requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems.
- Implement and maintain any integrations between our financial and HR systems and other business systems.
- Establish and maintain user access, roles and permissions across all financial and HR systems.
- Provide end-user training and support, including onboarding new users.
- Create ad-hoc reports for core group of about 30 stakeholders and validate new and existing reports for accuracy.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend technologies to improve the finance and HR business processes.
- Drive the full life-cycle for any financial and HR system upgrades or new implementations, including gathering of new or updated business requirements, technical analysis and design, oversight of system/feature selection process, testing, and implementation of customizations.
- Maintain documentation of key operational processes, system improvements and their revisions.
- Lead regression and new feature testing efforts in anticipation of new releases for existing systems.
- Work across several closely related teams, collaborating constantly and contributing ideas.
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting, or related field
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing solutions in medium- or large-scale financial and HR systems, managing new product rollouts, and working on integrations with other business systems
- 5+ years of IT system administration experience
- Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond user requests to get to key user needs
- Strong relationship- and consensus-building skills, with experience marshalling input and resources across different functions of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and procedures in a complex business environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, including ability to “translate” to non-IT teammates
- Proactive inclination, positive attitude, zero ego, and ability to problem-solve under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and experience with internal controls compliance
- Experience working with any of the following systems:
- Ceridian Dayforce
- Abila/Sage MIP Fund Accounting
- Concur or other travel and expense management program
- Strong understanding of database management systems, database structures, theories, principals, and practices; Highly proficient at writing SQL queries
Need more reasons to work here?
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from New York. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that.
About KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami
KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals. KIPP Miami’s first school opens in the Poinciana Park neighborhood of Miami, Florida in summer 2018.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.