You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Internal Communications Manager (KIPP Texas)
Internal Communications Manager—KIPP Texas ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth Public Schools
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth Public Schools
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. We collectively educate over 27,000 student in 52 schools. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As we look to the start of this academic year, all KIPP schools in Texas are officially joining forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools. The Opportunity
Communication, culture, community, and technology are continuously evolving. The Internal Communications Manager for KIPP Texas will use their experience, creativity, and innovative spirit to provide strategy and create turn-key tactics connecting our schools, parents, and students into a vibrant, well-connected, and cohesive community. This work will take place across Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio and will include:
- Evaluating current internal communications strategies in each region to understand norms, best practices, and opportunities with an eye towards a better way to communicate;
- Collaborating with key academic and organizational leaders to understand goals, culture, mission/vision/values, and differentiators to build a comprehensive internal communications plan with multiple touchpoints that reaches a variety of demographics and regions;
- Engaging in and executing the internal communications plan, leveraging writing, creativity, and other skillsets garnered through experience and best practices;
- Developing benchmarks to measure success and adjust tactics to meet the goals and needs of the organization;
- Working within the constraints of time and budget and;
- Utilizing strong interpersonal skills with a desire to live, act, and breathe a culture of communications with diverse audiences across four key regions in the state.
This position could be located in any of the four KIPP Texas regions—Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, or San Antonio. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Attributes:
- Serve as a catalyst to facilitate the intentional development of the company’s culture by partnering with key departmental leaders to develop strategy, content, and distribution channels that support our Team & Family across the organization;
- Create systems and processes to capture and catalogue stories of students and schools that help to build culture, brand, and the KIPP experience;
- Establish and grow relationships at the school level to help ensure communication tactics are resonating and adjust if they are not;
- Create and implement internal communications plans, to include writing newsletters, emails, and other communications, managing timelines, and enriching employee engagement;
- Create benchmarks to determine return on investment and return on intent measures and adjust plans as needed to achieve goals, and;
- Collaborate with the Chief Growth Officer and Deputy Chief of Marketing and Communications, Director of Marketing, and Director of External Communications, among others, to manage internal relationships.
Compensation and Benefits
- A competency and familiarity of using various forms of current and new technology (including collaboration platforms, video platforms, etc.) to support and enhance communication across dispersed teams and to deliver key messages in creative ways to different audiences;
- Skilled writer with attention to detail and experience in writing internal communications, messaging, and leveraging communications to build organizational culture;
- Evidence of high-level organizational and analytical skills, and ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Social media fluency
- A comfort level with uncertainty and find enjoyment in the process of continuous learning, experimentation, iteration, and improvement;
- A philosophy of best practices AND adjusting to an ever-changing environment and diverse audiences;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to finding new voices and stories;
- Ability to relate to and communicate with parents from diverse cultural, language, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds;
- Strong work ethic coupled with critical thinking skills and an enthusiastic and passionate approach to the work;
- Self-starter and problem solver willing to take the lead to help create an authentic voice that makes a lasting impact;
- Personnel management experience, including team building experience
- Ability to occasionally travel to Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and/or San Antonio;
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, digital communications, or a closely related field.
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered. ABOUT KIPP
KIPP is a non-profit national network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives. KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.