You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
2019-20 Elementary Special Education Resource Teacher - Newark
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: ES Recruiter
Special Education Resource Teacher
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a strong candidate with a track record of developing future leaders. You are passionate about education and understand the importance of strong leadership in generating student achievement. You are committed to doing whatever it takes to help our students succeed.
Here’s what you need to know:
We’re looking for special education resource teachers for the current school year! Our elementary school is seeking great teachers to help our students climb the mountain to college. Our teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their classroom. They love students, families and the community they serve. They are also willing to do whatever it takes to make sure their students learn and achieve.
Why join KIPP?
Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join, visit our website here.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Joining our elementary school as a special education resource teacher comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Here are a few for this position:
- Perform daily teaching tasks like teaching, grading, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes.
- Modify and build your curriculum to make it your best, working closely with the dean of instruction and your department
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your plans
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in urban or low-income settings
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Subject matter expertise
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a fast-paced school environment where things change all the time
Need more reasons to work here?
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area.
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.