You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Speech Language Pathologist - Newark
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
We need you to help our students develop the skills they need to communicate and succeed in school.
As Speech and Language Pathologist, you will assess and provide speech and language therapy for students at assigned KIPP NJ school sites. You will focus on developing students’ oral communication skills to support their ability to access their educational program. And you will report to the Director of Special Education.
A bit more about you…you have strong organizational skills and are a communications ace. You understand the value of teaching the whole child, and working as part of a multidisciplinary team. Here’s what you’ll be doing: Therapist Extraordinaire
Teammate and Collaborator
- Provide direct treatment to students with speech-language impairments
- Develop and implement educationally-based IEP communication goals using a variety of service delivery models to support the classroom curriculum
- Conduct speech and language screenings
- Follow and implement treatment plans
- Communicate with families of students on assigned caseload regarding progress toward IEP goals
Organizational and Achievement Guru
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure that students meet the goals outlined in their IEPs;
- Provide individualized classroom strategies to facilitate specific communication skills;
- Participate as a member of the child study team
Must Haves (ie. what you need to rock this role)
- Document student progress towards meeting established goals and objectives
- Participate in IEP meetings of students on assigned caseload
- Conduct formal assessments
Need more reasons to work here?
- Master’s Degree from an ASHA accredited university
- Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) or Clinical Fellowship Year candidate (CFY)
- Knowledge of speech-language report writing
- Knowledge of formal speech-language assessments
- Flexible and able to adapt to different school settings, procedures, and staffs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Professional demeanor
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.