You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Substitute Teacher (20-21)
KIPP San Antonio Public Schools
San Antonio, TX
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP San Antonio Public Schools
We have heard the voices of our families, local and state health experts, the Texas Education Agency, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Association of Pediatrics and other experts, and together, we are navigating this new normal with the lens of our three guiding principles. We commit to:
1. Protect the health of our students, staff, and families to the fullest extent possible
2. Show care for our entire Team & Family so we can thrive in our new normal
3. Provide our KIPPsters with an academically excellent, joyful, and equitable learning experience with a consistent focus on our North Star of college readiness regardless of whether we are inside or outside of our school buildings
For current updates on our restart plans, please visit our Restart updates page on our website.
KIPP Texas - San Antonio On-Call Substitute Teacher
HR Supervisor,, Assistant School Leader of Operations
The mission of KIPP is to create a respected, influential, and national network of public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond.
Our vision is that, one day, all public schools will help children develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place.
Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
Communicates high expectations for behavior by teaching, practicing, and reinforcing rules and consequences so that students are focused on working hard and being nice.
Approaches practice with a sense of urgency maximizing every minute.
Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules.
Assumes responsibility for student achievement.
Embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.
Academic and Cultural Support:
Participate in the daily functioning of the school – morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
Participates actively in developing individualized learning plans for students, parent meetings and conferences.
- The candidate must pass a background check prior to hiring.
- Substitutes must be able to work at minimum one day per month.
- Punctuality and commitment to scheduled assignments is key to success.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred (this may include but is not limited to coaching, student teaching, and teaching).
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written in English and Spanish), interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, some heavy lifting. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientations, marital status, or disability.