You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Student Recruitment and Transportation Intern
KIPP Austin Public Schools
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Austin Public Schools
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS: For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As we look to the next academic year, all KIPP schools in Texas are officially joining forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools.
OUR MISSION: KIPP Texas - Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. We will empower our students to thrive in and graduate from college, choose their paths, and positively impact their communities
POSITION OVERVIEW: The role of the Intern is to support the Student Recruitment Manager and Transportation Specialist in daily tasks as well as special projects. All applicants must be available to work 19 hours per week (Must be willing to work evenings and at least two weekends a month). Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
● Student-rider roster maintenance and bus capacity management
● Visual Data Management (Dashboard) maintenance and updates
● Beginning of Year Projects including route assistance and communication to families
● Participate in recruitment events such as canvassing, tabling, and phone calls.
● Organize student recruitment events; support special event planning and implementation.
● Community outreach and cold calls
● Make application and registration follow-up calls to families, ensuring students are fully enrolled at KIPP Austin.
● Customer-service oriented (phone, in-person, email, and video conferencing)
● Assist with marketing mailing campaigns including printing, folding, & delivering.
High School Diploma or GED
Must be self-motivated
Excellent Computer Skills; heavy use of Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
Customer Focused Mentality
Excellent verbal and written skills
Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.