You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
AP Statistics Tutor (Part-Time)
*This is a role for the 2018-19 school year with an immediate start date. The school, KIPP Austin Collegiate, is located at our North Campus (183 and Cameron Rd).
KIPP Austin Public Schools
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Grade: 9; 10; 11; 12
Organization: KIPP Austin Public Schools
All KIPP Texas - Austin staff have a responsibility for ensuring that every KIPP Austin student achieves the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s top colleges and universities. The Special Education Paraprofessional will help support the physical and instructional needs of individual students inside and outside the classroom. QUALIFICATIONS:
- 48 semester hours of college credit with some emphasis on child growth and development or related subject areas; Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience working with students or parents as approved by the employing superintendent
- Physical and emotional endurance to deal with challenging students; maintain emotional control under stress
- Knowledge of classroom management and child development techniques and principles
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, guidelines, and procedures
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with minority and low-income students
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Austin students
•This is a part time position (5 hours per week) working with small groups of students to provide remedial instruction/tutoring in AP Statistics.
•Differentiates plans for individual students based on their unique learning profiles so that all students are engaged and challenged.
•Uses assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to target areas for improvement.
•Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect.
•Communicates high expectations for behavior by teaching, practicing, and reinforcing rules and consequences so that students are focused on working hard and bring nice.
•Maintains accurate and up-to-date records.
•Collaborates with content and grade-level teams to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
•Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules.
•Embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 52 public charter schools educating over 27,700 students across four regions – Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families. www.kipptexas.orgAs an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.