You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Subject: English Language Arts/Reading; Reading; Math; Science; Technology/Media/Computer Science; General English; General Math; General Science
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10
Organization: KIPP Tulsa
Contact: Andrea Murrell
KIPP Tulsa Overview
KIPP Tulsa Public Charter Schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge is Power Program” network of college-preparatory charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2005, KIPP Tulsa College Preparatory Middle School opened its doors in North Tulsa with a class of 90 fifth graders. In 2018, KIPP Tulsa University Prep High School opened it doors, welcoming 100 new and returning scholars into our program as founding 9th graders and we're still growing.
In 2019, KIPP Tulsa will continue to serve the Tulsa community in grades 5-10 by serving over 620 families helping to fulfill the promise of "to and through" college with KIPP! In the next few years, KIPP Tulsa plans to open an elementary school resulting in a three school K-12 network of schools in Tulsa. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on a path to and through college.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Be present and willing to do whatever it takes from 7:15 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, occasional Saturday sessions (7:30-1:00), and 2-3 weeks during the summer to ensure that all students are on track to enter into competitive high schools
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and mapping
- Plan, structure, and execute daily lessons that are engaging and aligned with a year-long scope and sequence in accordance with the State of Oklahoma standards
- Differentiate instruction to ensure that all students are progressing and achieving academically
- In conjunction with Special Education Teachers, work to ensure that all IEPs and student needs are met both within and outside of the classroom
- Create a classroom environment that is conductive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or parents may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
Data, Reflection, and Constant Learning
- In addition to classroom assessments, administer KIPP Tulsa interim assessments
- With support from School Leader, use data to drive instructional practices to constantly improve student achievement and instruction
- Seek to constantly develop and improve teaching practices through ongoing feedback conversations with School Leaders and other school faculty within KIPP Tulsa
- Participate in coaching and professional growth opportunities to improve your instructional practice and support others to improve their craft
School Culture and Professionalism
- Help to envision and create a positive learning environment and exhibit positive rapport with students, parents and staff
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Implement school-wide positive behavior support system consistently with all students
- KIPP Tulsa Schools believes that our staff will represent our core values --high expectations, a growth mindset, and commitment to team. We search for established educators who embody them:
- High Expectations: teachers demonstrate a commitment to working with educationally under-served students in Tulsa and hold a high bar of excellence for both themselves and their students.
- Growth Mindset: we believe that every member of our KIPP community can learn more, or be more effective if they work hard and persevere. Teachers have the desire and humility to receive and implement feedback to improve their practice.
- Commitment to Team: we are in this work together. Teachers believe that greater success comes from working together as a team. For our students to reach their potential, our team must take great care of our students and each other.
- Have fun!
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- Zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, curiosity and a sense of humor.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience preferred
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- A strong desire to become a better teacher by joining the KIPP Tulsa team and family
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Oklahoma State teacher certification preferred
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt, non 12 Month position. Salaries are competitive with the local public schools and regional charter schools. Competitive benefits package includes health coverage (medical, dental, vision), Oklahoma State Teachers Retirement participation, life insurance, and long-term disability.
Upload your resume and be prepared to answer the application questions below:
- Why do you want to work at KIPP Tulsa?
- What is your experience with and interest in working with students from historically under-served communities?
- Please keep your responses to 4-6 sentences.
As an equal opportunity employer, KIPP Tulsa does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.