You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Talent RecruiterAbout KIPP Texas Public Schools KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 52 public charter schools educating over 27,700 students across four regions – Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families. www.kipptexas.org About the Opportunity
KIPP San Antonio Public Schools
San Antonio, TX
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP San Antonio Public Schools
Contact: Stacey McAtee
The Talent Recruiter will develop and maintain the infrastructure for recruitment, which includes a standardized application process and processing candidate workflow. The Talent Recruiter will work with other recruitment team members and implement selection process for processing qualified candidates. The Talent Recruiter will maintain close working relationships with School Leaders and hiring managers to gain a greater understanding of their staffing needs.
This position furthers the mission of KIPP Texas by recruiting talented individuals who demonstrate the potential to be highly effective teachers and employees.This position will be located in San Antonio.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Recruiter will:
1. Source talented individuals to work at KIPP Texas
a. Post job descriptions for open positions on the KIPP Texas online application system,
b. Assist other members of the recruitment team in sourcing candidates for positions.
c. Introduce potential employees to KIPP Texas through classroom visits, school tours, and recruitment events
d. Attend local community and university career fairs and enlist current teachers help recruit at the booth
2. Assist hiring managers with the selection process
a. Stay informed about KIPP Texas job vacancies and recruitment strategies through regular conversations with School Leaders and hiring managers
b. Conduct daily application reviews of potential candidates in the applicant tracking system.
c. Review online interviews of candidates.
d. Stay in communication with all candidates.
e. Assist School Leaders and hiring managers with all aspects of their selection process, including follow-up interviews, Sample Teaches, reference checks, and offer letters
Education and Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Prior recruiting or teaching experience highly preferred
· Experience with Salesforce or other applicant tracking system is highly preferred
· Ability to effectively express KIPP’s mission and purpose to candidates
· Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to assess a candidate’s qualities and potential in a limited amount of time
· Proven written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Strong typing skills are required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
· Proficiency using computers, printers, copy machines, and fax machines Compensation
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered. About KIPP
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives. KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.