You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Social and Emotional Learning Coordinator
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a state-wide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college! The Opportunity The Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Coordinator will support schools to cultivate an environment and culture that supports, teaches, and reinforces children and adults to effectively utilize the 5 SEL competencies. These include understanding and managing emotions, setting and achieving positive goals, feeling and showing empathy for others, establishing and maintaining positive relationships, and making responsible decisions. KIPP Student Support Services (S3
KIPP Houston Public Schools
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Houston Public Schools
) exists to prevent, respond to, and minimize the barriers to learning that KIPP Texas students may experience. Reporting to the Director of Student Wellness, the SEL Coordinator is responsible for coordinating
the implementation of approved SEL curricula and programming in all KTX schools. This may include providing and/or coordinating professional development and training opportunities, real-time coaching, and direct support to regional leaders, school leaders, and designated school personnel. This position furthers the mission of KIPP Texas as it helps ensure that all students have the tools they need to learn. Key Responsibilities The SEL Coordinator will have responsibilities such as, but not limited to, the following:SEL Implementation
- Lead in the development and delivery of training related to SEL practices, the importance of and research behind SEL, and how to integrate SEL into the classroom and school-wide.
- Lead needs assessment activities across regions and schools including conducting interviews and focus groups with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate planning sessions with key stakeholders to increase buy-in and progress monitor implementation of SEL programming.
- Plan and coordinate training series and consultation models for the implementation of SEL programming and projects.
- Lead and facilitate professional learning community for SEL instructional leads.
- Manage communication and correspondence with state, regional, and school staff, monitoring project activities, proposal development and reporting.
- Assist with budget development and monitoring.
- Work with the team of SEL teachers, counselors, school leaders and regional leaders to support the integration of SEL into the fabric of the school.
- Collaborates with Academic Leads to ensure that teacher classroom approaches are reflective of best practices around student social-emotional development.
- Collaborates with Student Wellness/Mental Health Leads to ensure that school social workers and counselors’ approaches are reflective of best practices around social and emotional development.
- Collaborates with School Management Leads and School Leaders to ensure that school discipline systems are reflective of best practices for developing positive climate and culture and effective social and emotional development of students.
Skills and Qualifications Education and KnowledgeAccomplished professional experience in one or more of the following settings: PK-12 schools, early childhood centers, out-of-school-time programs. The ideal candidate will have the following experience, expertise, and skills:
- Use data from tools that assess or reflect student social-emotional development to improve social-emotional programming.
- Use data from tools that assess school culture and climate to improve social-emotional programming and approaches.
- Use data from related sources (attendance, discipline, academics etc.) to improve social-emotional programming and approaches.
Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in school psychology, social work, education, early childhood development, psychology, or related field or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Training/adult education experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of social and emotional learning, especially evidence-based curricula and practices
- Demonstrated ability for project management - candidate should be prepared to demonstrate record of successful management of projects focused on systems level organizational change.
- Demonstrated facility with utilizing data to inform programmatic decisions.
Compensation and BenefitsSalary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered. ABOUT KIPPKIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives. KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Ability to synthesize knowledge and present it to stakeholders, including parents, students, and administrators, in a comprehensive manner
- Ability to work both on broad-based strategy and everyday details
- Independent, self-starter with a strong focus on student development
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Possession of a passionate and loving attitude toward all children
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficiency using computers, printers, copy machines, and fax machines
- Reliable transportation is needed to travel between campuses