You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
KIPP NYC: Principal in Residence
New York, NY
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Organization: KIPP NYC
KIPP NYC OVERVIEW:
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of six elementary schools, six middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. We are also excited to be opening a new elementary school and a new middle school in August 2019!
PRINCIPCAL IN RESIDENCE OVERVIEW:
The KIPP NYC Principal In Residence program will prepare new leaders for existing KIPP NYC schools. The competitive, year-long fellowship provides intensive in-region training, multiple excellent school visits, individualized coaching and the opportunity to learn from veteran leaders.
PRINCIPAL IN RESIDENCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of the Principal in Residence program, residents are expected to actively participate in the year-long developmental process and proactively pursue their own development through engagement and commitment to the learning process. In your residency, you will receive:
- Coaching: One-on-one coaching with a leadership coach throughout the year.
- Continuous Support: On-going support from the Senior Managing Director of Schools.
- Training and Development: On-going training and professional development sessions as you strengthen your skills as a leader.
- Quarterly Reviews: quarterly review process to track progress towards becoming a principal within KIPP NYC.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's and New York State teaching certification strongly preferred
At the time of application, applicants must have:
- Completed at least two years of experience in school-wide leadership as an assistant principal, dean, or in a leadership role directly managing others
- Completed at least three years of teaching experience with demonstrated exemplary student performance results
- Worked in a school in which >50% of students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
If you are a current KIPP employee, you must discuss this opportunity with your manager before applying.
The deadline to apply to the Principal in Residence for KIPP NYC is January 4th, 2019. If you are interested in applying to the fellowships with other regions, please check their job listings carefully, as deadlines between regions vary.