You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Elementary Specials Teacher (Immediate)
Here’s what you need to knowWe are looking for an Elementary Specials Teacher to join our team. You can have expertise in any of the following areas:
KIPP New Jersey - Camden
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Lanning Square Primary
Contact: Camden Recruiter
- Performing Arts
- Foreign Language
**We do not have any elementary music, art, or PE positions available** We need you to support our students and provide great education to our studentsWorking at KIPP New Jersey is about being student-focused. It's about teamwork. It's about having fun, and having the freedom to lead in ways that are most successful for your students. It’s also about making an impact in Camden, a city that is experiencing a renaissance and on the verge of revolutionizing how America views education in urban communities. As a specials teacher, you will join our growing Team and Family at the KIPP Lanning Square Primary campus in Camden. A bit more about you…
you have experience teaching and you know what good specials education looks like for elementary school. You’re ready to work hard and have the passion and drive to work with students in order to put them on a path to college. Here’s what you’ll be doing.
Must Haves (ie. what you need to rock this role)
- Extensively plan and implement your curriculum for the academic year
- Perform daily teaching tasks such as: conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job
- Be a good teammate – work closely with other teachers and team members to create a cohesive school culture of success and family
- Collaborate with other specials teachers on your campus and across the network to determine and execute best practices in the arts classroom.
- Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
- Facilitate guided reading, reading level assessments and other campus-wide initiatives
Need more reasons to work here?
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Expertise in arts education strategies.
- Phenomenal classroom management skills.
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- Desire to be part of a team of committed arts educators.
- The ability to be flexible in a new school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to serve over 3,700 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. More than 88% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals. In the next few years, KIPP New Jersey will have ten schools in Newark and five in Camden providing world-class education to over 7,300 students. By offering outstanding educators with strong bonds to the families we serve, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college proving that demographics don’t define destiny. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.