You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Middle School History Teacher (Immediate)
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Subject: Social Studies/History
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: MS Recruiter
We’re looking for middle school history teachers for the 2018-19 school year. As a teacher, you’d be responsible for planning and executing lessons for our middle school students. A bit more about you…
You care about education. You’ve taught for a few years and know what great instruction looks like at the middle school level. You’re ready to teach and lead at a place at a great school with really smart colleagues. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Must Haves (ie. what you need to rock this role)
- Perform daily teaching tasks like teaching, grading, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good teammate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes.
- Modify and build your curriculum to make it your best, working closely with the dean of instruction and the Math department
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide your plans
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
Need more reasons to work here?
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in urban or low-income settings
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Subject matter expertise
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a fast-paced school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that.About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.