You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Certified Medical Assistant
KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth Public Schools
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth Public Schools
Certified Medical AssistantFLSA Status:
School Support Partners Team Reports to:
Managing Director of Regional Operations Our Team & Family
KIPP Texas - Dallas-Fort Worth is a growing network of free, college-preparatory public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and in life. Outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains. For more than 15 years, KIPP Texas - Dallas-Fort Worth has been redefining what is possible in public education.
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a statewide network of 52 public charter schools across Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio educating over 27,700 students, covering a geographic footprint of over 400 square miles, and are among the 50 largest school districts in the state.
KIPP Texas Public Schools is part of the national KIPP network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools with a track record of preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 224 KIPP schools in 29 regions of the United States serving nearly 100,000 students ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Duties:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Maintain system-wide student medical and immunization records;
- Process state required screenings including vision, hearing, scoliosis, and ANTES screenings;
- Ensure compliance with HIPPA, FERPA, and other national standards to protect the privacy of student health information;
- Implements school health management protocols for students with chronic health issues e.g. seizure, asthma, diabetes;
- Input student health data into student information system;
- Process and adhere to the student’s Individual Health Plans;
- Assist with inventory of medical supplies;
- Maintain sign in sheets, incident reports, and medication logs for students;
- Promote health and community services to students, staff, and families;
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible;
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of KIPP DFW’s mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and employee handbook
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction;
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Compensation Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.Physical Demands:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) certification valid in the State of Texas, required
- Must have at least 2 years of an exemplary record working as a Certified Medical Assistant in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred;
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of KIPP DFW;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Long periods of standing and sitting and have the ability to lift items up to 25 lbs. is required. There will be continued use of hands, wrist and arm movements.
- Requires normal/corrected vision and hearing.
- Position will require limited travel.
- Periodic participation in activities to support the KIPP team/mission (such as assembling lunches or rearranging lightweight furniture) is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
General Sign-Off:The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies. Duties may be changed at the discretion of KIPP Texas - DFW at any time.Contact Information:Please submit application, cover letter, and resume online at www.kippdfw.org/careers, including contact information for three references, including at least one current/former supervisor. For more information on KIPP, please visit www.kipp.org.KIPP Texas - Dallas-Fort Worth is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. KIPP Texas - Dallas-Fort Worth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
- Position will have periods of extended work week hours, which is required to support both the ongoing development of the region and the delivery of high quality education for all students.