You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
High School Lead Teacher - All Subjects (19-20)
Our Team & Family
KIPP San Antonio Public Schools
San Antonio, TX
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Organization: KIPP San Antonio Public Schools
About KIPP Texas Public Schools
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 52 public charter schools educating over 27,700 students across four regions – Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families. www.kipptexas.org
KIPP Texas has 6 schools located in San Antonio:
- KIPP Aspire Academy (5-8), founded in 2003,
- KIPP University Prep (9-12), 2009,
- KIPP Camino Academy (5-8), 2010,
- KIPP Un Mundo Dual Language Academy (K-4), 2012,
- KIPP Esperanza Dual Language Academy (K-4), 2014, and
- KIPP Poder Middle School (5-8), 2015.
Every member of the Team & Family at KIPP Texas - San Antonio plays a critical role in ensuring our students are on the path to get to and through college. Our educators are passionate advocates for their students and their families, working relentlessly to ensure that our students have access to doors to opportunity. As a lead teacher, our educators deliver exceptional instruction and assess student growth, are committed to constant learning and proactively provide academic and cultural support. Key Responsibilities Instructional delivery and assessment
- Develops yearlong scaffolded, standards-based unit plans and lesson plans.
- Applies the 5-step lesson cycle in order to design effective, differentiated and rigorous lesson plans with specific, measurable, and standards-based objectives
- Uses assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to target areas for improvement.
Academic and cultural support
- Collaborates with content and grade-level teams to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Consistently reflects on instructional practices through formal and informal methods, and works relentlessly to meet individual professional development goals. Embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.
- Meets professional obligations such as meeting deadlines and honoring schedules through efficient work habits.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students and families based on trust and respect
- Assumes responsibility for student achievement.
- Be available for homework help and emergencies outside of regular school hours.
- Participate in the daily functioning of the school – morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Participates actively in developing individualized learning plans for students, parent meetings and conferences.
*Applicants currently pursuing these certifications may apply before the certifications are conferred. All certifications must be acquired and on file with KIPP Texas - San Antonio before the end of the first year of employment. Working Conditions1. Mental Demands:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned*
- 7-12 OR 8-12 in core subject area
- ESL Supplemental
- Demonstrated competency in core subject area assigned
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the employee
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written), interpret policies and procedures, and maintain emotional control under stress. Above average degree of concentration, interpretation, understanding verbal instructions, analyzing, differentiating, reading, coordinating, compiling, computing, instructing, emotional control, memorizing, organizational skills, and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
2. Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, some heavy lifting. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases. Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.Occasionally sit, climb, or balance, taste or smell; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered. ABOUT KIPP
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students.
We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives. Why work at KIPP?
At KIPP, you never stop learning, you’re part of a national network that’s leading the way in getting students to and through college, and your work makes an impact on the community every day. LEARN MORE www.kippsa.org
The KIPP Foundation provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.