You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Talent ManagerWHO WE ARE.
KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools
Contact: Greta Hunter
KIPP Memphis is part of KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program), a national network of free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond. There are currently 224 KIPP schools serving nearly 100,000 students. Today, KIPP Memphis serves over 2,800 students in our seven schools in Memphis and almost 800 alumni on their journeys to and through college with our KIPP Through College Program.WE DO & WHY IT MATTERS
Nationwide, only 10% of students from low income communities graduate from college, compared to 84% of their more affluent peers. Preparing our students for successful and choice-filled lives of independence and impact drives the work of all KIPP school leaders, teachers, and staff. Nationally, KIPP alumni graduate from college at 4 times the national average, which is good, but not good enough. Our goal is for 75% of our alumni to graduate from college and be prepared to live a personally and financially satisfying life.OUR SCHOOLS
KIPP Memphis serves over 2,800 students in grades K-12, at seven schools in north and south Memphis. Each of our elementary schools’ partner with Porter-Leath to provide a high-quality pre-K instructional experience for our communities.POSITION OVERVIEW
The Talent Manager leads proactive recruitment and cultivation efforts of top talent, with an emphasis on teachers. The Talent Manager ensures that a robust talent pipeline is in place to facilitate the fulfillment of our mission, continued excellence at our schools, and regional growth objectives. The Talent Manager reports to the Director of People and Performance. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead cultivation efforts by building authentic relationships with connectors and prospective teachers.
• Lead KIPP Memphis Schools’ diversity recruitment initiatives through professional development and community events.
• Initiate a year-round recruitment campaign.
• Develop relationships with prospective talent; serve as compelling ambassador of KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools in a variety of settings, from 1:1 conversations with teachers to career fairs and on-campus interview events.
• Spearhead opportunities for prospective teachers to become familiar KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools’ mission, values, growth plans and schools.
• Monitor the progress of prospective candidates through the recruitment process, including ensuring timely communications, managing cultivation and selection data in database system and using data to drive change in efforts.
• Conduct initial screens with prospective candidates in a friendly, efficient and rigorous manner.
• Propose and manage new recruiting initiatives as appropriate.
• Manage the employee referral program to recruit top talent to the region
• Process all offer letters for employment and ensure letters are signed by the employee. QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• A deep passion for social justice and equity for all children; believes that all student can achieve at the highest levels, regardless of demography
• Recruiting experience, preferably in an educational environment
• Teaching experience in underserved community (preferred)
• Experience working with diverse staff
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence, initiative, and leadership skills
• Flexibility, with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams and schools
• Results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPPP Memphis Collegiate Schools’ mission and values
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Satisfactory criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide work authorization. Frequent travel to KIPP Memphis campuses and occasional statewide and out of town travel required. MODIFICATIONS OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools, retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.