You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
2019-20 Middle School Art Teacher
Here’s what you need to know We need you to support our students and provide great education to our students
KIPP New Jersey - Camden
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP Lanning Square Middle School
Contact: Camden Recruiter
We’re looking for a dynamic arts teacher for the 2019-2020 school year! We’re continuing to expand as a network and need awesome teachers to help put our students on the path to college.
A bit more about you… you have experience teaching and you know what good arts education looks like for middle school. You’re ready to work hard and have the passion and drive to work with students in order to put them on a path to college.Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Must Haves (ie: what you need to rock at this role):
- Design and implement a curriculum that includes materials explorations, age-appropriate representations, and frequent reflections
- Create assessments and assessment strategies that evaluate growth and habits of the mind as frequently as the final product
- Analyze student work samples and create next steps for individual artists and groups of artists
- Build and develop a culture of creativity (divergent thinking plus creativity-related traits) within the classroom, the school, the network and the community
Need more reasons to work here?
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Expertise in arts education strategies.
- Phenomenal classroom management skills.
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- Desire to be part of a team of committed arts educators.
- The ability to be flexible in a new school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to serve over 3,700 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. More than 88% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.In the next few years, KIPP New Jersey will have ten schools in Newark and five in Camden providing world-class education to over 7,300 students. By offering outstanding educators with strong bonds to the families we serve, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college proving that demographics don’t define destiny. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.