You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
2019-20 Elementary Art Teacher
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Grade: K; 1; 2; 3; 4
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: ES Recruiter
KIPP New Jersey is looking for an elementary art teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. We have an immediate opening for an elementary art teacher at THRIVE Academy, our network’s second elementary school.
Being part of our team gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but with great power also comes great responsibility. Here are some of them:
- Perform daily teaching tasks like teaching, grading, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes.
- Create an art curriculum for our incredible elementary schoolers (it’s more than just coloring in the lines!)
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide you plans
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
- A desire to have fun everyday
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success and planning in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Artistic ability (using the app DrawSomething won’t cut it!)
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a growing school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area.
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is a growing network of KIPP charter and Renaissance schools in Newark (TEAM Schools) and Camden (KIPP Cooper Norcross Academy), New Jersey. We started in 2002 with TEAM Academy, our first middle school. Since then we grew to a full K-12 network. We’re continually growing in both Newark and Camden, until we reach fifteen schools across two cities.
Apply at http://kippnj.org/job/elementary-art-teacher-immediate-opening/