You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
2019-20 Elementary Dance Teacher
Here’s what you need to know We need you to fill in right away to provide great dance education to our students
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Subject: Other; Dance
Grade: K; 1; 2; 3; 4
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: ES Recruiter
We’re looking for a Dance Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. As a dance teacher, you will be responsible for planning and executing performance arts lessons for our elementary students.
A bit more about you… you have experience working with elementary students and understand how to engage them. You have the passion and drive to work with students and put them on a path to college.Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Must Haves (ie: what you need to rock at this role):
- Perform daily teaching tasks such as: conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other founding staff to create a firm foundation for future classes.
- Extensively plan dance curriculum for the academic year working with other teachers’ classes
- Teach guided reading lessons to small groups of kids to remediate and challenge each student
- Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
Need more reasons to work here?
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Expertise and a passion for teaching science at an elementary level
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a new school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to serve over 3,700 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. More than 88% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced meals.
In the next few years, KIPP New Jersey will have ten schools in Newark and five in Camden providing world-class education to over 7,300 students. By offering outstanding educators with strong bonds to the families we serve, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college proving that demographics don’t define destiny. Visit KIPPNJ.org
to learn more.