You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
2019-20 Elementary Lead Teacher
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
English Language Arts/Reading; Reading; Writing; Foreign Language other than Spanish; Math; Algebra; Geometry; Pre-Calculus/Calculus; Trigonometry; Other; Science; Biology; Chemistry; Earth Science; Physics; Social Studies/History; Global History; U.S. History/Government; Physical Education
Grade: K; 1; 2; 3; 4
Organization: KIPP New Jersey - Newark
Contact: ES Recruiter
We’re looking for Elementary Teachers for the 2019-2020 school year.
As an elementary lead teacher, you will join our growing Team and Family. As a lead teacher, you will be responsible for planning and executing lessons for our elementary scholars.
A bit more about you…
You have experience working with elementary students and understand how to get them excited about learning. You have the passion and drive to work with students and put them on a path to college.Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other founding staff to create a firm foundation for future classes.
- Extensively plan curriculum for the academic year working with other teachers’ classes
- Teach guided reading lessons to small groups of kids to remediate and challenge each student
- Perform daily teaching tasks such as conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
Need more reasons to work here?
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Expertise and a passion for teaching at an elementary level
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a new school environment where things change all the time
- Teacher certified in NJ
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.