You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Please note: This role is for the 2019-20 school year and will start on 7/15/2019.
This position is full-time, and salaried at $40,000
POSITION OVERVIEW: KIPP Texas Public Schools’ teachers are responsible for ensuring that every KIPP Texas - Austin student achieves the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s top colleges and universities. Partner Teachers will work closely with a mentor who will guide and support their development. The Partner Teacher’s time is divided between supporting lead teachers, internalizing pre-written lessons, whole group instruction, and small group instruction. These duties provide an excellent training for lead teaching positions that may become available in the future. Partner Teachers will share responsibility for the academic and character growth of students and will establish strong and trusting relationships with stakeholders.
KIPP Texas - Austin teachers are on duty in school Monday through Friday from approximately 7:15 am to 4:45 pm (exact start and end times vary slightly by school), with most arriving before and staying after these hours. Though they face demanding schedules, all KIPP Texas - Austin teachers are strongly supported by dedicated leadership and staff. KIPP Texas - Austin students have an extended school day and a brief mandatory summer session. This extra time allows KIPP Texas - Austin to develop innovative and highly effective instruction for all of our students. At KIPP Texas - Austin, we value college starting from Kindergarten and keep it top of mind as students continue to grow as learners.
- Work collaboratively with lead teacher to design, plan, and implement academically rigorous lessons
- Assess individual student’s progress and learning needs; demonstrate a relentless focus on helping students achieve
- Support general education and special education students in achieving academic success and character growth
- Help shape and develop a school-wide atmosphere that best suits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
- Facilitate the development of character and community in the classroom
- Communicate students’ progress toward realizing academic and character development goals with families on a weekly basis
- Plan and supervise purposeful special projects
- Increase student growth and achievement
- Meet desired goals/benchmarks on district-wide, state, and national assessments and measures of growth
- Ensure growth, development, and demonstration of character traits and KIPP Austin values
- At least 1 year teaching experience or experience working with children in an educational setting (i.e. small group tutoring)
- A desire to grow and develop as an educator, building towards a Lead Teacher position in 1-2 years
- Excitement to support early elementary classrooms
- Experience teaching underserved students (preferred)
- Willingness to become highly qualified if transitioning to lead teacher role
- Willingness to become ELL compliant (if applicable)
- Willingness to engage in certification process if transitioning to Lead Teacher role
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Austin’s mission, students, families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, primarily with educationally underserved students
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas - Austin students
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage options with 79-95% of monthly medical premium costs (depending on the plan) paid by KIPP Texas - Austin
- 100% KIPP-paid short-term disability
- Paid parental leave (amount paid based on tenure)
- On-campus dry cleaning pick-up
- Retail discounts
- Gold’s Gym individual and family plan discount
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLSKIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 52 public charter schools educating over 27,700 students across four regions – Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families. www.kipptexas.orgNo phone calls or emails please.As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.