You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
KIPP Bay Area Schools
Bay Area, CA
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Subject: Early Childhood; English Language Arts/Reading; ESL & ELL; Math; Special Education; Art; Technology/Media/Computer Science
Grade: K; 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12
Organization: KIPP Bay Area Schools
Preferred Locations:East Palo Alto, CA; Oakland, CA; Redwood City, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; San Lorenzo, CA
Contact: Annie Villanueva
This is the application for all Teacher Resident roles at KIPP Bay Area Public Schools in the 2019-2020 school year. You can see a full list of our openings here.
KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. In the San Francisco Bay Area, 12 KIPP schools are developing in our students the knowledge, skills, and character to thrive in college, shape their futures and positively impact the world.
In the 2017-2018 school year, KIPP Bay Area schools launched a teacher residency program in partnership with the University of the Pacific and Alder Graduate School of Education.
The mission of the KIPP Bay Area Schools teacher residency is to create a best-in-class teacher engine. We believe that training and development is core to ignite that engine. Launching this initiative will allow us to:
- Train teachers to be highly effective in their first year
- Create a talent pipeline of strong STEM teachers
- Retain highly effective teachers in the Bay Area
About the Residency
The KIPP Bay Area Schools Teacher Residency offers:
- A one-year program that integrates exceptional academic preparation and practical teaching experience
- Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction from University of the Pacific at a deeply discounted tuition rate
- California Preliminary Teaching Credential in all subject areas
- The opportunity to work in a KIPP classroom and learn from a highly-effective, trained Mentor Teacher four days/week for an entire school year
- An employer provided iPhone and laptop
- Priority hiring for a full-time teaching position at a KIPP school in the Bay Area after your first year of the program.
KIPP Bay Area School Locations
- San Francisco
- San Lorenzo
- San Jose
Applying to the KIPP Teacher Residency
The 2018-19 Teacher Residency application launches on September 1, 2017. Candidates must hold a four-year degree from an accredited university with a minimum 2.65 GPA (preferred) by June 2018.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Teacher Residency financial structure is intended to provide an affordable, high-quality pathway to teaching. The core components of the KIPP Bay Area Teacher Residency financial package are:
- Residents pay the deeply discounted University of the Pacific tuition for their first year (roughly $18,000 a year)
- Residents receive a stipend of $20,000 for the first year of the program.
- Financial aid is available through the University of the Pacific’s Financial Aid Office in order to help cover other costs.
- Loans acquired during undergraduate education can be deferred because Residents are enrolled in a Master’s program.
Below are some links that may aid in scholarship searches
Submit your application online by clicking "apply" on this page, or submit an application through our careers portal.
Questions? Email Annie Villanueva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KIPP Bay Area Schools does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin or ancestry, cultural background, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital/registered domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, primary language, citizenship or immigration status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.