You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
About KIPP Nashville
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: 2019-20 School Year
Organization: KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is part of the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates 100,000 students nation-wide and supports students from educationally under-resourced communities to college graduation through our KIPP Through College program.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 3 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school. 100% of our 2018 alumni graduated high school with acceptance to 4 year colleges and are projected to complete college at a rate 4x that of their peers.
We are excited to expand our Kinder-College continuum by opening our 7th
school in 2019 and continuing our growth until all students in Nashville have access to an excellent education.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in college and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do what it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster. Position OverviewWe believe that strong school leadership is integral to a school’s success. As we grow to serve more students in Nashville, KIPP Nashville is dedicated to developing our future School Leaders while providing them with the development and exposure to excel. A KIPP Nashville Principal In Residence is someone who is interested in moving into the following role within the next 1-3 years:
The Principal in Residence will serve on the Leadership Team within an existing KIPP Nashville school and receive personalized development while they advance towards a School Leader position. Founding School Leaders will have modified responsibilities to support start-up planning. Key Responsibilities & SupportsKIPP Nashville’s Principals In Residence will uphold the following responsibilities at their school:
- Open a new KIPP Nashville school as the Founding School Leader
- Assume the School Leader position at an existing KIPP Nashville campus
KIPP Nashville Principals in Residence can expect the following supports:
- Model and support implementation of the school’s vision and goals
- Contributes to school-wide planning and prioritizes time to accomplish goals
- Develop emerging leaders with School Leader’s guidance
- Model strong staff and student culture and manage school-wide character development and behavior management systems
- Collaborate with School Leader on retaining diverse, highly-effective teachers and school staff
- Build own and direct reports’ instructional knowledge of standards, content and instructional methods
- Develop and manage teachers to provide rigorous and high quality instruction
- Prioritize Principal In Residence’s own success and sustainability by engaging lifelines and renewing to get stronger
- Receive personalized development from KIPP Nashville’s Regional Leadership Team, as well as access to national development programs such as KIPP School Leadership Programs (i.e. Miles Family Fellowship, School Leader Successor Prep) and/or Relay Graduate School of Education’s National Principals Academy Fellowship
- Eligibility for forthcoming founding and successor School Leader opportunities, identified each Fall.
- Strong support from KIPP Nashville’s School Support Team for relevant school start-up activities, including but not limited to: student recruitment, staff recruitment, curriculum & assessment planning and marketing.
- Evidence of significant and consistent personal and professional achievement
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ year(s) of experience as a classroom teacher
- 1+ year(s) experience leading and/or coaching teachers, including but limited to roles such as assistant principal, dean, instructional coach, principal, etc.
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision and values of KIPP Nashville; comfort and willingness to actively participate in the KIPP Nashville community
- Belief that all students, regardless of background, are capable of greatness
- Demonstrated ability to create inclusive environments that honors and supports a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
- Resilient, innovative and results-oriented
- Ability to develop others and motivate others to action
Salary for this position is competitive, commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package.
Reach out to Alyssa Dudley at email@example.com with any questions.