You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Grade: K; 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP Nashville
Contact: Keayana Robinson
About KIPP Nashville
KIPP Nashville is a network of high-performing, college preparatory public schools that has been committed to creating a vibrant, college-going culture in Nashville since 2005. KIPP Nashville is part of the acclaimed KIPP Network, which educates 100,000 students nation-wide and supports students from educationally under-resourced communities to college graduation through our KIPP Through College program.
KIPP Nashville currently operates 3 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school. 100% of our 2018 alumni graduated high school with acceptance to 4 year colleges and are projected to complete college at a rate 4x that of their peers. We are excited to expand our Kinder-College continuum by opening our 7th school in 2019 and continuing our growth until all students in Nashville have access to an excellent education.
The mission of KIPP Nashville is to cultivate in its students the character and academic skills needed to succeed in college and have an opportunity-filled life in the world beyond. If you share in this belief, if you have a proven willingness to do what it takes for students to achieve, if you thrive in an environment that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial, then you are already a KIPPster.
Position ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities of the Office Manager include, but are not limited to:Receptionist Duties
- Warmly greet all visitors to the school and direct them to the appropriate place or person.
- Manage school office, answer phones, and manage mail and fax.
- Receive and distribute messages for students and staff.
- Respond to parent questions and concerns, and direct them to the School Leader when appropriate.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the front office.
- Track all visitors and tours.
Student Information Management System
- Call the homes of late and absent students daily.
- Organize and maintain supply, storage closets, and common work areas.
- Manage inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Create and maintain online and paper calendars.
- Administer first aid and medications to students according to school standards.
- Distribute all deliveries to the appropriate person.
- Support the management the school store, student uniforms, and the lost and found.
- Track staff absences.
- Regularly update staff phone lists and contact information.
- Sort/deliver mail, opening when appropriate.
- Coordinate service of copiers and printers as needed.
Finance and Procurement
- Collect all student records, including immunization records, home language surveys, emergency contact forms, and media release form.
- Complete annual reports, daily attendance, and enrollment, withdrawal, and discipline data.
- Code students for IEP, ELL, etc.
- Help develop and manage student progress report and report cards.
- Manage collection, dispersal, security, and organization of all student cumulative record files.
- Assure confidentiality of files is maintained and lock files where appropriate.
Parent and Community Outreach
- Receive purchase order requests and seek appropriate approval.
- Purchase supplies as approved & document purchase.
- Collect and track student fees, uniform purchases, and all other monies weekly.
- Code invoices and purchases.
Student Recruitment and Enrollment
- Assist with community outreach events.
- Assist in training and managing volunteers.
School Leader Support
- Oversee student enrollment process, assist with student recruitment, and maintain all lottery records.
- Assist with the distribution of flyers, invitations, and other parent communication as it relates to the student recruitment process.
- Help plan logistics and preparations for school events, including, but not limited to, field trips.
- Assist in preparing presentations.
- Conduct Internet searches and other research as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior school records experience (Preferred)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment (Preferred)
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Proficient speaking, reading and writing in Spanish, Arabic and/or Somali
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Nashville’s mission, students, families, and community
- Firm believe in affirming the identity of students, families and staff
- Superb personal organization skills to keep on top of deadlines and measures of accountability
- Team player: demonstrates maturity, growth mindset, strong work ethic, follow-through and flexibility
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. This position will work and be compensated according to a 12 month administrative schedule. KIPP Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.