You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
KIPP New Orleans Schools
New Orleans, LA
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Orleans Schools
Contact: Bridget Burns
General Position Overview
The Recruitment Associate will play a critical role on the KIPP New Orleans Talent Team as we seek to recruit and retain a staff that represents “best in class” talent across our schools and region. In particular, we know that the experience we provide for candidates who engage in the KIPP New Orleans recruitment and selection process – from an applicant to interview to onboarding - is essential to meeting this goal. Our team will rely heavily on the Recruitment Associate to take our work in this area to the next level.
About KIPP New Orleans
KIPP New Orleans Schools (KNOS) is building an influential network of tuition-free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools that empower students with the knowledge and character traits to be lifelong learners and leaders. KNOS operates ten high-performing schools on eight campuses, serving roughly 4,500 of our city’s highest-needs students. Over the next several years, we aim to ultimately grow to twelve schools, five primary, five middle and two high schools.
With rigorous academics, innovative teaching, and a motivating learning environment, we are working to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college and beyond. Although KIPP teachers come from a diverse set of backgrounds, they all share the common goal of student success. KIPP teachers display a “whatever it takes” attitude during the school day and are available after school hours by cell phone. KIPP New Orleans Schools embrace the spirit of our city with athletics, band, visual arts, or other fine arts available at every school.
KIPP New Orleans Schools is associated with the national KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) Network which recruits and trains school leaders to open KIPP schools across the country. The KIPP network is rapidly growing. There are currently 183 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia serving 70,000 students.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Non-profit and/or education-related experience a plus
- Prior recruiting / human resources experience a plus, but not required
- Belief in and passion for KIPP New Orleans Schools’ mission, students, families and community
- Excellent communication and people skills, with an ability to represent the mission and values of KIPP New Orleans Schools in conversations
- A passion and skill for connecting with people and building relationships
- Outstanding organizational skills, with extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to create structure and manage projects and deadlines and clearly communicate progress toward goals
- Ability to be flexible and entrepreneurial in a fast-paced, start-up environment under tight deadlines with multiple priorities
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and a self-starter approach to working
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
- A desire to laugh and have fun everyday
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform broad outreach: attend job fairs and other recruitment events locally; post and maintain job listings; manage advertisements and websites
- Use innovative and strategic approaches to sourcing and cultivating high-quality talent for eleven schools
- Manage data for the full recruitment life-cycle in Salesforce-based applicant tracking system
- Create and manage year-long social media / marketing campaign that positively represents and promotes the incredible work being done within our schools. Leverage social media to attract/engage candidates
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics for career fairs and other recruitment and hiring events
- Maintain library of job descriptions to ensure consistency of message
- Review and respond to applications in a timely manner
- Coordinate travel and logistics for applicants
- Manage communication with applicants, as needed
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, KIPP New Orleans Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
In your cover letter, please indicate why you are interested in this specific role and why you are a good fit. Generic cover letters are not preferred.