You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Bilingual School Office Manager
KIPP Chicago College Prep Public Schools
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Chicago College Prep Public Schools
ABOUT KIPP CHICAGO SCHOOLS
KIPP Chicago Schools is a local network of 7 charter schools that is part of the nationally renowned Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP). Our schools are completely free, and there are no requirements for enrollment except residency in the city of Chicago. Students and families choose to enroll in our schools because they perceive them as the highest quality option in their neighborhoods. Currently we serve 2,400 students in grades K - 8 across 7 campuses. Our mission is to empower those students with character and academic skills necessary to succeed in top-quality high schools and universities, to be happy in the competitive world, and to have a positive impact on their communities. 99% of our students are African American or Latino; 96% qualify for free and reduced price lunch; and, 16% are identified as diverse learners. In Chicago our campuses are located on the south and west sides of the city in communities broadly categorized as “low income.” KIPP Chicago alumni from these communities graduate high school at a rate of 90%, matriculate to college at a rate of 87%, and earn a four-year degree at a rate of 44%, compared to national averages of 72%, 45%, and 8%, for “low income” students. In addition to rigorous instruction in our K - 8 classrooms, our students receive continued support in high school and college through our KIPP Through College program and counselors.
Please familiarize yourself with our work by visiting www.kipp.org and www.kippchicago.org.
KIPP Chicago seeks an experienced individual for the position of School Office Manager at our KIPP One campus, located at 730 N Pulaski in the West Humboldt Park neighborhood on the west side. KIPP One was ranked the top performing elementary school in the entire city of Chicago on the SQRP rating system for the 1718 school year.
The OM is the face of the school and delivers first-class customer service to all constituents in the building, including students, parents, staff, and guests. The OM’s primary responsibilities are to operate a welcoming and efficient main office, to coordinate student enrollment and attendance, and to provide daily support to teachers and the school’s leadership team. This is a full-time position. The OM will report to the school’s Director of Operations.
- Create a neat, welcoming, and organized office environment
- Welcome parents and visitors, maintain visitor logs, and respond to visitor & parent requests
- Ensure all visitors are accounted for in the building
- Answer phones, redirect inquiries as appropriate, and relay messages to staff in a timely manner
- Oversee student attendance: process late arrivals, communicate with teachers and school leadership regarding student absences, call families of absent students, ensure attendance is accurately logged in the PowerSchool and IMPACT student information systems each day, and process early dismissals
- Coordinate new student enrollment: process incoming applications, send acceptance/waitlist letters, manage waitlist, and assist parents with online enrollment
- Maintain teacher work room and ensure that copiers/printers are in working order
- Maintain school supply closet and assist with inventory control
- Process and fulfill staff supply requests
- Receive, distribute, and prepare incoming/outgoing mail and shipments
- Assist with coordination of school events
- Assist with production and distribution of memos & newsletters
- Maintain complete sets of all parent and staff forms
- Order and distribute school uniforms and assist with inventory control
- Coordinate student health services: monitor student health and safety for any unusual/troubling trends, coordinate with site nurse to ensure that students receive appropriate care
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish (required)
- At least two years of college completed (required)
- A minimum of two years administrative experience (required, prior experience in a school setting preferred)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, to bend and stoop, and to move quickly up and down stairs (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (required)
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation (required)
- Strong typing and technology skills, specifically with Microsoft Office and Google Drive (required)
- Strong interpersonal skills (required)
- Personal initiative and follow through (required)
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the KIPP mission (required)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
KIPP Chicago Schools offers a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Salaries based on experience
- Competitive rates for medical insurance and short-term disability insurance. Dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance are offered at no cost.
- An optional 403(b) retirement account with employer matching contributions
- Robust professional development
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply immediately, as applications are accepted and roles are filled on a rolling basis. All interested applicants should visit http://www.kippchicago.org/join-us/apply-now, and click the School Office Manager job posting. If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Recruitment via email at email@example.com.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
KIPP Chicago is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. KIPP Chicago does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic background.