You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Managing Director of Special Education
Here's what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
KIPP NJ is looking for a Managing Director of Special Education to drive a vision of excellence for all students across our growing network of schools. This is a unique opportunity to impact the results and the experiences of kids with special needs across a dozen schools in three cities — by clarifying and investing all stakeholders in our beliefs and strategies for engaging every child, and by inspiring and managing leaders across our organization. KIPP New Jersey is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a strong people- and kid-focus: we rely on best practices, research, and innovation to develop effective solutions for kids. The Managing Director of Special Education must be prepared to lead the charge in this work across multiple states, while developing and carrying a vision of comprehensive support for kids and teachers, and operating in full compliance with state and local regulations governing special education. Here's what you'll be doing:
Being part of our team gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but with great power also comes great responsibility. Here are some of the primary responsibilities associated with this role:
- Set the vision for special education systems and programming and supports spanning multiple regions and work to train and invest key personnel in this vision
- Develop special education leaders through professional development and coaching in order to build their capacity to develop school-based special education staff
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations in conjunction with other network special education positions
- Drive academic and clinical systems and services for kids with special needs by providing guidance around specialized and differentiated instruction, programming options, and staff allocation
- Support new/emerging regions with onboarding, strategic planning, understanding local and state mandates, and establishing strong special education systems and structures
Need more reasons to work here?
- Minimum three years exemplary teaching of students with special needs
- Experience driving results as a team leader/manager
- Innovating to provide a continuum of services for diverse learners
- Leading engaging and effective professional development for adults
- Utilizing data-based decision making within a tiered service delivery model
- Experience in a high-performing district or charter environment
- An advanced degree in special education is preferred, but not required
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.