You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
School Operations Manager
Here's what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a school operations manager to help support the Director of School Operations (DSO). The school operations manager (SOM) will work with the DSO and other school support staff to coordinate transportation services for students; manage student enrollment; and support with other school-based operational work such as enrollment activities, maintaining student files, the nutrition program and trip planning. Similar to the DSO, the SOM will be a critical player in supporting our schools’ operations so that our school leader and instructional staff can focus on what matters most: helping our students get to and through college.Heres what you'll be doing:
Being part of our team gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but with great power also comes great responsibility. Here are some of the primary responsibilities associated with this role: Trip Planning, Event Coordination, Transportation, and Purchasing
School Operations Projects and Communication
- Support DSO with logistics for school events and activities including Saturday School, parent meetings, assemblies, shows, graduation, and field trips
- Troubleshoot with external service providers as needed and oversee their work when necessary.
- Act as the parent liaison for the busing program including fielding parent requests, assigning bus stops, managing internal reporting and logs, and serve as a liaison with busing company to resolve incidents
- Ensure that teacher supply closet and/or PD rooms are fully stocked, manage inventory and make purchases as needed
- Manage all receiving of goods and services to the school
- Manage administrative responsibilities including preparing and maintaining student files and generating progress reports and transcripts
- Build and guide implementation of systems for managing communication, paperwork, and office activities
- Serve as the primary source of information for families including generating all-calls, newsletters and other communications, as needed
- Develop school-based marketing and messaging materials for visitors, teacher recruits, and families
- Assist the DSO in coordinating daily food service
- Manage the tracking and collection of lunch balances with families
- Manage campus aides to support school operations in an efficient, effective, and customer service-oriented capacity
- Work closely with the Receptionist to ensure all administrative tasks completion and office information is up to date and accurate
- Assist with basic tech support systems and vendor communications
- Manage enrollment processes for all new students
- Manage collection of all compliance documents and enrollment files for incoming, current, and transferring students and work with district office to ensure enrollment records are accurate and up to date
- Support the planning and execution of all open house and enrollment events
- Manage the home visit process where applicable
- Make daily attendance calls to absent students and escalate family concerns as needed
- Track student attendance to maintain high data accuracy and high student attendance
- Work with Receptionist to ensure staff are consistently and accurately entering attendance records
- Collaborate with the Student Support Team to identify students needing additional supports and design support plans and next steps
- Maintain high communication with families and staff to problem solve and support around attendance issues
Nice to Haves
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team on collaborative projects
- Ability to remain calm and solutions-oriented in high-stress situations.
- Commitment to do whatever it takes to ensure our teachers and students have what they need to be successful
- Ability to proactively problem solve; anticipate challenges before they occur
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and generate creative solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and comfortably with ambiguity
- Strong organization skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Bachelor's degree is required.
Need more reasons to work here?
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for traveling around Newark or Camden
- Previous experience in a customer service oriented role
- Previous experience budgeting or purchasing on behalf of an organization
- Previous experience in an educational or non-profit setting
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.