You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in Compton, South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
The Elementary School Teacher plans, implements, and reflects upon classroom instruction in order to realize the mission of the school. The teacher reports to and is evaluated by the School Leader.
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and inspire the passion needed for our students to achieve their goals, live their best lives, and positively impact the world
- Create eight-step lesson plans thoroughly and prepare needed materials for an effective lesson consistently
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies based on the diverse needs of all the students that engage all students
- Develop and administer a variety of assessments to measure students’ growth towards goals and to monitor students mastery of the content standards
- Analyze informal and formal student assessment results and use this information to drive and inform instruction
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with teammates, parents, and community members
- Implement classroom management techniques to create a nurturing and structured classroom environment and structure
- Maintain high expectations for students academic achievement and conduct
- Value and draw upon students’ experiences and backgrounds
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Possession of a valid preliminary or clear multiple subject teaching credential preferred
- 2 years elementary lead teaching experience preferred
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)