You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Organization: KIPP Columbus
KIPP Columbus, a growing network of free, open enrollment public schools in Columbus, Ohio, is seeking a driven, organized, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial individual to serve as the Recruitment Associate on our School Support Team.
The primary responsibility of the Recruitment Associate will be to support the selection and cultivation efforts of the teacher recruitment team, with an emphasis on candidate outreach and communication. This position will support in candidate screens and visits, social media engagement, talent communication, and recruitment events. The Recruitment Associate will report directly to the Director of Recruitment.
- Source prospective instructional candidates and increase the number of qualified applicants that are reflective of our organization’s values.
- Create and revise selection materials and systems to ensure an efficient, engaging, and values-aligned process.
- Conduct application reviews and phone interviews in a friendly, efficient, and rigorous manner.
- Facilitate candidate visits and interview days on campus.
- Support social media engagement and regularly post on multiple online channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook Instagram, and Twitter.
- Support KIPP Columbus recruitment events, including, but not limited to, the coordination of event logistics, including attendee tracking, presentation and material support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Edit and design promotional materials and talent newsletters.
- Assist in various projects as needed.
- Serve as a full-time and engaged member of KIPP Columbus’ School Support Team, and do whatever it takes for our students and staff to be successful.
- Belief that all children can and will learn.
- Ability to persevere with a sense of optimism, strong problem solving skills, and desire to learn and grow in a collaborative professional learning community.
- Willingness, and commitment, to go above and beyond to prove the possible with students.
- Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, as well as the values of KIPP Columbus (Imagine, Navigate, Seek, Persevere, Integrity, Responsibility, and Empathy).
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help our students achieve academic excellence.
The following are required of all applicants:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Teaching experience in an underserved community (preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take and quickly implement feedback
- Outstanding project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible, results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the mission of KIPP Columbus
- A passion for education and a desire to help KIPP Columbus schools grow
KIPP Columbus offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental insurance, as well as group term life insurance, retirement plan and paid time off.
About KIPP Columbus
KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a national network of free, open enrollment, college preparatory public school dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and life. There are 224 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 100,000 students. Nationally, KIPP students are graduating at 3x the national average for low-income students.
Founded in 2008 with 50 students in 5th grade, KIPP Columbus currently serves 1,700 students infant through eleventh grade at a campus built on the grounds of a former golf course in Northeast Columbus. By 2020, KIPP Columbus will serve nearly 2,000 students in grades Kindergarten through twelfth. During the 2017-2018 school year, and for the second year in a row, KIPP Columbus had the highest amount of academic growth of any charter school in Ohio.
The mission of KIPP Columbus is to create a system of schools where students develop the intellectual, academic, and social skills needed to understand and take action on issues they encounter in everyday life. By establishing a rigorous, safe, and personalized learning environment, KIPP Columbus will foster a culture of responsibility and service and empower all students to become active and engaged citizens. Our vision is to ensure that all students in our community will have access to a transformational education that empowers them with the knowledge, skills, and character necessary for success in college and life.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
KIPP Columbus is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school for consideration of any position (admission, employment, etc.). KIPP Columbus does not discriminate on the basis of disability, gender, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 4112.02 of the Ohio Revised Code.