You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
School Social Worker - Newark
Here’s what you need to know:
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
We need you to provide service to our students so that they can focus on learning.
As a School Social Worker, you will support special education and general education students to reach their fullest academic and social potential.
A bit more about you…you have strong organizational skills and are a communications ace. You want to help kids on an individual basis. You’re willing to do whatever it takes to help each student be successful.Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Serve as a case manager to students with identified special needs as well as for students being referred to the Child Study Team.
- Communicate effectively with parents and all stakeholders involved in the IEP process
- Use clinical skills to provide group and individual counseling
- Provide crisis counseling to students and families experiencing mental health and/or social service emergencies
- Deliver behavior management and de-escalation techniques to create a safe school environment for all students.
- Implement behavior intervention plans and monitor student progress in conjunction with the school support team.
Need more reasons to work here?
- MSW, LSW, or LCSW required.
- CSSW required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in counseling and working with adolescents and families
- Knowledge of community social service resources and how to access them
- Understanding of current rules and regulations regarding child study teams, special education assessments and program requirements
- Unwavering commitment to our students and their success
- Ability to communicate clearly and to invest stakeholders in student goals
- Ability to establish relationships with students and families at all costs
- Solution orientation and ability to bring a new lens to challenging problems
- A high level of organization skills and attention to detail
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.