You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Middle School Teacher (Departmentalized) - Newark
Here’s what you need to know:We are looking for middle school teachers in the follow subject areas:
KIPP New Jersey
Newark & Camden, NJ
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
English Language Arts/Reading; Reading; Writing; Foreign Language other than Spanish; Math; Algebra; Geometry; Pre-Calculus/Calculus; Trigonometry; Other; Science; Biology; Chemistry; Earth Science; Physics; Social Studies/History; Global History; U.S. History/Government; Physical Education
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP New Jersey
Contact: Leadership Recruiter
We’re always on the lookout for dedicated and experienced middle school teachers for future positions. Applying to this position ensures that we have your details at our fingerprints should any vacancies become available for 2018-2019 school year. As a middle school teacher, you’d be responsible for planning and executing lessons for our middle school students, and bringing joy and a love of learning to our school community.
- English Language Arts (ELA)
- Special Education
A bit more about you…You care about education. You’ve taught for a few years and know what great instruction looks like at the high school level. You’re ready to teach and lead at a place at a great school with really smart colleagues.Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Perform daily teaching tasks like teaching, grading, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job.
- Be a good teammate – work closely with other school staff to create and reinforce a firm foundation for all classes.
- Modify and build your curriculum to make it your best, working closely with the dean of instruction and your department
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the school
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide you plans
- Communicate consistently with families about student progress
Need more reasons to work here?
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in urban or low income settings
- A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
- Subject matter expertise
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
- The ability to be flexible in a fast-paced school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP New Jersey offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a laptop (Woot! Woot!), as well as subsidized travel for teammates commuting from the New York area. And 100% of KIPP New Jersey employees agree we have the best kids in the nation. So there’s that. About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more.