You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
KIPP is a non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools with a 20-year track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and life. KIPP currently educates 88,000 students in 209 schools across the country, including Indianapolis. KIPP Indy Public Schools (KIPP Indy) was founded in 2004 with one class of fifth grade students and has grown to educate more than 700 students across two schools. KIPP Indy Unite Elementary was founded in 2014 with 100 kindergarten students and will grow a grade level each year until they educate 600 students in grades K-6. In the 2018-19 school year, KIPP Indy Unite Elementary will educate 500 students in grades K-4. Of the students that attend KIPP Indy, 90% qualify for free and reduced lunch, 94% are African American, and 20% receive special education services. We plan to grow KIPP Indy’s network to educate students in our community in grades K-12 with the opening of our high school in the fall of 2019.VISION
At KIPP Indy Unite Elementary, our goal is that every student will have the academic foundation, character strengths, and support necessary to succeed in college, to live a life of choice, and to make a positive impact in our community. To do this, we live by Walter Payton’s words, “We are stronger together than we are apart.” We leverage the unique perspectives, talents, and strengths of each member of our community in order to solve problems, inspire growth, and maximize learning. Combining technology and collaborative learning with rigorous academic standards, we will prepare students for their journey to and through college. With joy and enthusiasm, we instill a love for learning and we embrace challenges as opportunities for both individual and community growth.POSITION OVERVIEW
The Elementary Teacher Aide will provide high-quality one-on-one support for students with behavior needs. In addition, they will assist teachers as needed with whole class and small ground instruction. The KIPP Indy Unite Elementary community holds one another to high standards, cognizant that success and happiness can be achieved by all, regardless of challenging circumstances, through teamwork, tenacity and focused dedication. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit positive rapport with students, families, and staff
- Internalize lesson plans to execute at a high level
- Use assessment data to inform planning and modify lesson plans to meet the needs of students
- Maintain a safe and organized classroom
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Participate in weekly content professional development meetings outside of school hours
- Serve on school committees as needed
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Attend before or after school meetings as needed.
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including three weeks during the summer
- Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or parents may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with all staff
- Uphold the code of conduct and all school policies
- Believes deeply that all students can learn and deserve a high-quality education
- Exhibit KIPP Indy Unite Elementary values of joy, teamwork, love, and grit
- Perseveres through challenges and is adaptable to change
- Understands their own strengths and weaknesses and shows initiative in seeking ways to always improve
- Develops strong relationships
- Communicates across lines of differences and proactively creates inclusive environments
- Uses data to solve problems
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Pass a criminal background check (Required)
- Experience working with students (Preferred)
Position is hourly and wage is commensurate with experience.KIPP Indy Unite Elementary is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.