You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
Here’s what you need to know:
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
Organization: KIPP Miami
Contact: Recruitment Director
We’re looking for an awesome TEAMmate who enjoys working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with like-minded individuals. You know that working beyond traditional school hours means that kids will have access to more resources help us meet our goal of helping KIPP students go to and through college. You have strong interpersonal skills and know that while systems and structures are important for efficiency, you can maintain a personal touch that supports retention of the KIPP New Jersey staff, helping to motivate and create safe and caring learning environments for our kids. Why join KIPP?
Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, improvement, and fun. To find out more about why great TEAMmates join us, visit our website here
. Here’s what you’ll be doing as a Talent Recruiter:
Joining our Talent Recruitment team comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Here are a few (well, many) for this position: Candidate Selection (40%)
Sample Lessons and In-Person Interviews (30%)
- Select highest quality applicants by conducting daily resume, application, and phone screening
- Evaluate, respond to, and nurture referrals from our current teachers
- Manage KIPP Careers data with fidelity
Relationship Building & Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Coordinate with School Leaders, hiring managers, and candidates to schedule interviews
- Prepare the candidate for a successful interview day by communicating all details for interview days (e.g., expectations, lesson objectives, etc.)
- Host interviewees for their school visit, observation, demo lesson, and final interview
- Deliberate with the School Leader or hiring manager to discuss candidate’s strengths, growth areas, and team fit
- Create a TEAM & Family atmosphere for candidates by building strong relationships with teachers, leaders, and scholars
Skills and Characteristics
- Build trusting relationships with School Leaders and hiring managers to foster open dialogue and mutual feedback.
- Advise school leaders on final selection and matriculation efforts
- Function as strategic partner to School Leaders and hiring managers and prepare to fill gaps by spending time in schools and classrooms identifying bright spots, challenges, and campus dynamics that affect hiring and retention.
- Proactively anticipate needs and respond to school leader requests, emails, and phone calls.
- Set up and manage weekly meetings to discuss current/future staffing plans, budget considerations, and hiring processes/decisions.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- A commitment to the mission of KIPP NJ/KIPP Miami and a belief that all children can learn
- Highly self-motivated, quick learner with a desire and ability to succeed in a fast‐paced, results‐driven environment
- Mature with a strong work ethic, a good dose of humility, a sense of humor, and a determination to do whatever it takes
- A passion for communicating the mission of KIPP NJ/KIPP Miami to others
- The ability to prompt others to action verbally and in writing
- Proven track record of having built trustworthy relationships with a variety of stakeholders, particularly those who hold/held a perspective that runs perpendicular to one’s own
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals on time and with the resources provided
- Ability to track and execute many complex and often competing priorities while mitigating risks of missteps and ensuring a high-quality end result.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and a track record of working collaboratively with others
- Highly organized with an editor-like eye for detail and exceptional time management
- Demonstrated dedication to personal improvement with a willingness to give and receive feedback
- Ability to make progress in situations with a high degree of ambiguity; flexible enough to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Solid technical skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, OneNote, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Docs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience as a recruiter or in service-related sales
- Experience in an education or education/youth-development related organization
- Track record of using data to identify opportunities and modify strategies, systems, or processes to improve results
Weekend/evening work, local travel, and/or periodic long-distance travel for professional/team development may be required. Need more reasons to work here?
- Experience as a teacher in a K-12 setting
- Experience managing a relational database (applicant tracking system or customer relationship management system)
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ/KIPP Miami offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a company laptop as well as travel benefits for teammates commuting from out of state.About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach nearly 6,000 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
KIPP New Jersey alumni earn college degrees at more than 3.5 times the national average for students from low-income families. By offering highly effective educators with strong bonds to families, more time in school learning, services that support a variety of student needs, and a culture focused on achievement, our students are on the path to and through college. Visit KIPPNJ.org to learn more. KIPP New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer.