You can use your mobile device to email jobs to yourself or others. You can apply to roles at KIPP from a laptop or desktop.
[IMMEDIATE 2019-2020] Middle School After-School Group Leader
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the link listed below.
New York, NY
Type: Leadership & Support Staff
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Grade: 5; 6; 7; 8
Organization: KIPP NYC
About KIPP NYC:
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of seven elementary schools, seven middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. In August 2019, we opened a new elementary and middle school in the Bronx, and in August 2020, we will be opening KIPP’s first intentionally racially and socioeconomically integrated school, KIPP Beyond Middle School!
Position OverviewThe Middle School After School Group Leader is a part-time position working directly with middle school students in our KIPP NYC After School program. The Group Leader will oversee a cohort of students in our after school program designed to improve youth development, social-emotional learning, and academics. The Group Leader will report to the Program Director. The hourly rate for this part-time position is $15.30/hr.
About our KIPP NYC Middle Schools
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support high-quality programs facilitated by Activity Specialists that are responsive to students and families
- Assisting in various after school program that may include:
- Providing homework help and tutoring
- Supporting academic, athletic, music and/or other programs & activities (like chess, robotics, mathletes, debate, journalism…)
- Engage with students in a manner that is supportive and aids in bringing excitement to the activities
- Provide supervision and ensure safety of students at all times
- Adhere to the rules and regulations set by DYCD and DOH
- Follow schedule provided by the Program Director/Education Specialist at all times
- Maintain classroom cleanliness and organization at the end of the class
- Maintain accurate attendance, evaluations, and incident reports as required
- Attend staff meetings and professional development workshops as assigned by the Program Director
- Communicate with students, parents, KIPP NYC staff and community stakeholders in a polite and respectful manner
- Present as a mentor/role model to KIPP NYC students by modeling appropriate behavior and professionalism at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director
To apply for this position, please use this link https://forms.gle/qQeuKvt97ZTDw6pcA KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
- Zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience working with children under 13 preferred
- Communicate effectively with students and adults
- Must be able to work afternoons/evenings
- Must have at least 1 year of experiene working with children